Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!

Make: Glock
Model: 42
Caliber: .380

Trades: A new or very nearly-new Gen 4 Glock

Price: $700 with 250 rounds of ammo

$700? What the F--k???
Yeah, seriously, that's the going rate in California; $625 and $75 for the ammo. To import it into the state, this gun was modified to permit sale under California's "Single Shot Exemption." This gun has been registered and its sales tax has already been paid.

PLUS, purchasing it from me is a PPT transfer: Exempt from the one gun per thirty day restriction, even though the gun is brand new and unfired.

Other info: Includes 250 rounds of Federal Munitions FMJ ammo (new, not remanufactured), and six SnapCaps. Gun was manufactured in June, 2014 and comes exactly new with all accessories: Two magazines, lock, cleaning rod, and case. Never fired. Has the latest Revision 1 markings. This is an "off-roster" model, and was brought into California and properly registered. Because of a new law, this model cannot be brought into California after December 31. Buyer pays $700 plus $35 DROS fee. No sales tax or other fees for the person-to-person transfer. We will meet in person at an agreed-upon gun shop for the FFL transfer.

The Glock 42 is very nice: It is a Gen 4 design, with a dual-coil spring, newer Glock grip pattern, very nice mag release, and it is extremely compact. The .380 caliber has the same diameter as 9mm, but a slightly shorter length. The round is perfectly capable of self defense. The best gun is the one you have with you, and the very small size and light weight of the Glock 42 make it an excellent choice for personal defense. With 250 rounds of ammo, you'll be able to get in plenty of practice.

·
Matt
3,289 Posts
Good luck with the sale

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm speechless. I really feel for you guys in Cali.. I live in Vt and can buy that same gun for $380 good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm speechless. I really feel for you guys in Cali.. I live in Vt and can buy that same gun for $380 good luck
I know... and next year prices go up, because Gen 4 Glocks can't be bought new, except from individuals like me who just hold onto them. Seriously, I'm not making money on the deal.

·
Administrator
131,698 Posts
Unfortunately they go for that 625.00 here in CA. I'm going to sell mine for a loss one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum.

·
Matt
3,289 Posts
Unfortunately they go for that 625.00 here in CA. I'm going to sell mine for a loss one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum.

Yeah to me. For a super best friend discount :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.