So this is the best Glock forum? New guy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by scrubber3, Apr 1, 2012.

1. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

Just like "that" I moved from NC to VA, bought another Glock and joined this forum. I have lurked on here for a few days prior to getting my new G30. I wanted a .45 but wasn't sure I could conceal carry a full size very well. I ended up with a 30 and after Monday I will know how good of a choice that was. First time at the range with this should be interesting. I went with the reg frame as the SF was just a bit too small. 6'4" 220 lbs means that small guns don't fit my hands too well. :(

So, I have already gathered information enough so that I decided on the 30 and would love to get in on some conversations and look forward to the discussions to be had.

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Scrubber3, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Nice choice on getting the G30, you won't be disappointed in terms of capability and concealability.

You'll find lots of helpful tips and tricks here, and don't be bashful about asking questions.

Cheers!

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome Scrubber3. It's good to have you here!

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Scrubber3 !!

5. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Welcome and enjoy your stay!!

6. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Welcome. Awesome choice on the G30 after I get my conversion barrel for my GEN 4 23 .40 to 9. I'm going to get a G30.

7. vindicated

vindicated ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I need as many mags as you ^^^

Welcome Scrubbs!

8. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

That is one of the reasons I was going to get a 23 instead, but once I held the 30 it was over. I'll still be getting a 23 by summer. Thanks all for the welcome!

9. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Welcome and thank you for your service.

The G-23 will be a good carry for summer months in Va. It is just a tad slimer. Might want to think about investing in a couple Glock +1 Mag inserts, floor plates and extended springs if the grip isn't just right for your hands.

10. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum scrubber3! Glad you came to join us!

11. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I have found this to be a top notch forum. Lots of good discussions and plenty going on. thanks for the tips and I have a couple of plus one extended plates but I am waiting for my glock tool to arrive as I have found my old one got lost in the move. Once it comes in I will be installing them. I figure that the 23 is basically the same size as the 19 and it fairs well with my hand though the pinky seems lost no matter what I do. That is, if I conceal carry. Not a fan of a 30 rd mag hanging out of my shirt tail. Lol. The G 30 is nice as it has a bit of an extended plate on the magazines already. I may look into those extension sleeves so I can use a 21 magazine with it if I can hide it just as well while CC.

12. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

13. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

Nice to meet you Scrubber3. Let me also thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to God, Country and mAn.

"Best" is a label hard held... But I can tell ya this is a very good forum and I really like the guys here and how they are more than willing to share their G-Experiences. I'm sure you'll feel the same.

Looking forward to knowing you.

14. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Well said, Matthew780. Welcome, brother.

15. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

Welcome Scrubber3! I Agree with the above assessments - very good forum, knowledgable people willing to share experiences, and minimal BS. It's a good place to 'hang out.'

16. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Well said my brotha.... Welcome to the forum...

17. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

Went to the range today and my god this g30 is phenomenal! I simply love it! I'll have to start a thread about it as soon as get some pictures loaded. I cannot express how pleased I am with target acquisition and recoil. Very very impressed. now I think I may get another g30 so I can double carry and possibly dual wield.

Okay, maybe I'm a bit overzealous. I'll wait a bit before I go buying another one. I'll just stick with my plan of the 23 with 2 conversion barrels so I can fire .357 and 9mm with it if needed.

18. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

I can't wait to see your pics, Pal... And I understand your satisfaction. I experienced the same thing the 1st time I took my 21 to the range. I also just love everything about a Glock. They are great guns.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  19. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Next, you'll be wanting to get lip enhancement surgery, to be like Angelina Jolie :D

No problem, though, as long as you don't try to curve the bullet! Hahaha!;)

Just kidding!

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  20. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

Yeah, yeah.... I guess I have been playing too much MW3 lately. You guys know I was just kidding. Just so you know, I CAN curve a bullet. It's all in the wrist. :D

Angelina only wishes she had my lips.