Glock Forum banner

So i was bored today...

3K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  nukinfuts29 
#1 ·
So I was bored today and decided to take on a little task on one of my guns. I was going to doit to my Glock but decided to doit to my Taurus, just incase I did not like the outcome.

It looked like this at the beginning.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

And ended looking like this.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

Camera lens Camera accessory Lens Carbon Film camera

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

What do you guys think???

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
VERY nice, what did you use to do it?

#19 ·
anything over 1000 isn't BAD per-say, but I have yet to find one done with sandpaper where I couldn't tell when I got it in my hands. I'm dedicated to the old school because it just produces a better finish. Not to say this way is wrong or even bad, it just isn't the same and my standards are extremely high.

Theres no doubt in my mind I'm the only professional doing it this way these days. I try not to do the hourly breakdown of my cost in my head, that would be a depressing figure.

#22 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
anything over 1000 isn't BAD per-say, but I have yet to find one done with sandpaper where I couldn't tell when I got it in my hands. I'm dedicated to the old school because it just produces a better finish. Not to say this way is wrong or even bad, it just isn't the same and my standards are extremely high.

Theres no doubt in my mind I'm the only professional doing it this way these days. I try not to do the hourly breakdown of my cost in my head, that would be a depressing figure.
Yeah I have to agree with you on that, just felt like trying a different route. I've done a couple of projects the old way, but I like to see the different outcomes of different techniques.

#24 ·
Yeah I have to agree with you on that, just felt like trying a different route. I've done a couple of projects the old way, but I like to see the different outcomes of different techniques.
I once challeneged myself to use a bench grinder with a polishing wheel and 2500 grit wet sanding and come out with the same result, or at least with a result close enough to make me happy. Even with my custom polish compound I never got there. Tried for WEEKS.

I enjoyed trying the different way, but I really wish it had worked out better. I welcome the ability to shave off 3-4 hours I just have not found a way to do it yet. Though I will say I have done glass bead blasting and got close, just not a perfected method yet.

#26 ·
officerfrasher said:
Do you happen to remember where you bought it or have a link for it? I've searched but couldn't come up with anything. Thanks.
Yes sir my local gun shop New Frontier Armory, but they do have a website and do online sales. The website is www.newfrontierarmory.com and the correct name is Pearce Grip.

I was just reading your post I did make a mistake, I thought you where talking about the grip extension, if you where talking about the mag extender it is intact a A&G. Feel free to check out the site.

Rectangle Gadget Material property Wood Tints and shades

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.