Glock Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Happens with ammo too, apparently. Fortunately I acquired most if it while it was truly cheap.
Yes it does especially if one is a hand loader as most stack it high and deep.

Reactions: MtnCCW
Bought a new Winchester 26 gun safe from them yesterday. Was a good price to begin with but they also had a 15% Veterans Day discount so saved myself $70 and got my first REAL safe. The old gun cabinet which I've have for a couple of decades is now repurposed for ammo storage, well some of my ammo anyway rest went into the new safe.

Bought a new Winchester 26 gun safe from them yesterday. Was a good price to begin with but they also had a 15% Veterans Day discount so saved myself $70 and got my first REAL safe. The old gun cabinet which I've have for a couple of decades is now repurposed for ammo storage, well some of my ammo anyway rest went into the new safe.
Congrats on the new safe and increased ammo storage capability.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Guess you should be happy you aren't in my local fire company then. My basement gets water in it all the time so that's a no go.My first floor is not big at all and there is absolutely no room for them so I had to put them upstairs. I absolutely have no other choice.. My bigger worry is the 60 plus pounds of powder, and 1000's of rounds of loaded ammo in the attic. Not trying to be a dick,but my house was built in the 30's and it's a basic farm house. If we sell and I build,all my stuff will be put in a heated basement,but that's not an option at the moment.

Guess you should be happy you aren't in my local fire company then. My basement gets water in it all the time so that's a no go.My first floor is not big at all and there is absolutely no room for them so I had to put them upstairs. I absolutely have no other choice.. My bigger worry is the 60 plus pounds of powder, and 1000's of rounds of loaded ammo in the attic. Not trying to be a dick,but my house was built in the 30's and it's a basic farm house. If we sell and I build,all my stuff will be put in a heated basement,but that's not an option at the moment.
I understand we all have to put them where we can all I can ask of anyone that as a safe on anything but a slab to let firefighters know when they get there and as far as your ammo and powder goes let them know had friends work a gunrange fire once not fun

And I was shopping for some mower parts as the season is coming fast..I then, went to the gun safe area. Seems they were having a sale that ended today. Now, my current gun cabinet is 43,000 years old,but it did the job for the last 30 I have had it and my dad owned it. It is really rough. I didn't want to get something too big yet as we are trying to sell the current house we are in. and the fact that I have zero room downstairs the new safe will have to go in the garage(ummm...NO ) or upstairs where the current cabinet is.I liked and could afford the 64 safe but getting 650 lbs upstairs is gonna be an issue. When I get into our new place,I'll have a full basement to put my reloading gear,my shooting equipment and a new bigger safe. So, for now,I bought a Liberty 30 gun safe. It will have room for almost all my guns and hand guns and be a better idea as to what I have currently. They actually took another $100 bucks off as well.I think it's worth what I paid for it and for my first safe.I have done some reading and this safe got reasonable reviews. Now,I need to go pick it up and coax my sons into helping me get it upstairs...lol
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/liberty-safe-revere-30-gun-safe-with-e-lock-rv30-bkt-dp.
I purchased the Winchester Winchester TS 12-30, just over 200lbs. Not as big as yours. Fits in our tiny 800sq. ft. home.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.