Glock Forum banner

So, I was at Tractor Supply today....

15K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  xdamagedx 
#1 ·
And I was shopping for some mower parts as the season is coming fast..I then, went to the gun safe area. Seems they were having a sale that ended today. Now, my current gun cabinet is 43,000 years old,but it did the job for the last 30 I have had it and my dad owned it. It is really rough. I didn't want to get something too big yet as we are trying to sell the current house we are in. and the fact that I have zero room downstairs the new safe will have to go in the garage(ummm...NO ) or upstairs where the current cabinet is.I liked and could afford the 64 safe but getting 650 lbs upstairs is gonna be an issue. When I get into our new place,I'll have a full basement to put my reloading gear,my shooting equipment and a new bigger safe. So, for now,I bought a Liberty 30 gun safe. It will have room for almost all my guns and hand guns and be a better idea as to what I have currently. They actually took another $100 bucks off as well.I think it's worth what I paid for it and for my first safe.I have done some reading and this safe got reasonable reviews. Now,I need to go pick it up and coax my sons into helping me get it upstairs...lol
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/liberty-safe-revere-30-gun-safe-with-e-lock-rv30-bkt-dp.

#6 ·
Well, tomorrow I am going to get me a second gun safe exactly like my other one. I don't like my ammo sitting out in plain view, even though my wife and I are the only ones here besides our 2 dogs. So I tell them I found the safe for $599 online and free delivery and the manager at Tractor supply states he will match that price. I figure there will be 11 long guns in there plus a few handguns as well as plenty of room for ammo storage as well as room for a few more long guns..I think I have lost my mind...lol I went from 45 guns to over 70 in a year! But, I do have 4 kids and so far 9 grand kids to think about..

#8 ·
I bought a safe from TS a few years back, and it was reasonably priced. It's full.
I repurposed my old safe, which is smaller, for ammo.
It's full, too.

#9 ·
We recently got a TSC in our area and I looked at the safes, but I've never gotten comfortable with the idea of electronic combination locks. Lots of people use them with no problems, but I'm still leery of them & prefer the old dial combination locks.

#13 ·
We recently got a TSC in our area and I looked at the safes, but I've never gotten comfortable with the idea of electronic combination locks. Lots of people use them with no problems, but I'm still leery of them & prefer the old dial combination locks.
Mine has a physical key override in case the batteries go kaput. I can always get into it quick.

#14 ·
A buddy of mine didn't know what the key was for and threw it out.
When his battery died some years latter and he had to employee a lock smith, he discovered what the key was for, he just received his new safe.it was a costly mistake.

#15 ·
I have a pistol and long gun safe. Both have the key pad and key override.

However, before you lock everything up be sure you know where the key lock is on the door. Sometimes they are hidden too well. So I've been told. :rolleyes:

You never know when the batteries will fade. Mine said two years yet here we are 3 years later and they are still going strong.

#16 ·
Well, I have a story to enlighten you all about my latest safe purchase.I went to the Tractor Supply I normally go to but they didn't have a same safe as my other. There is another TS about the same distance the opposite direction from me(about 25 miles as well)I call them,they say yes we have 4 safes like the first one I purchased. Take a little drive,put it in my truck,but I notice the bolts are pulled through the small skid. My fault for not cutting the cardboard box and looking. We lay it down on the back and I see drywall dust on the bottom. I continue home and wrangle some of my buddies boys to help remove the safe and put it in my garage temporarily. I had another appt and didn't have time to remove the box for 2 more days. That's when I noticed the damages. 2 small gouges in the top the hinges scratched up and marks of hitting something. The plastic handle you twist scarred up. So, I call TS and explain the situation. The saleswoman asks if I want to return it for a new one or will I send pictures to her email. I sent the pics and was ready to reload it in the truck when the saleswoman calls back offering a deal. If I'd be interested in keeping it,they would sell it to me for $349 instead of the $740 dollars I was charged. In the meantime,I used some nu finish and cleaned the handle up and removed 90% of the scratches and removed the scratches on the hinges as well. The lock and handle,hinges and all work like a new one.I also still have the lifetime warranty. Needless to say,it will be heading upstairs sometime next week.My coworkers said they would give me what I have in it if I wanted to sell and buy a new one..

#17 ·
That’s a great deal Oat. Glad the scratches could be cleaned up and the lock and hinges were in good working order. It would have been a PIA to take it back m.
Congratulations!!

#19 ·
That certainly worked in you favor, congrats on another new safe on sale as it turns out.

#20 ·
Funny how that happens, guns are like rabbits, start with two and end up with 48 or more.
Happens with ammo too, apparently. Fortunately I acquired most if it while it was truly cheap.

#21 ·
Yes it does especially if one is a hand loader as most stack it high and deep.

Reactions: MtnCCW
#22 ·
Bought a new Winchester 26 gun safe from them yesterday. Was a good price to begin with but they also had a 15% Veterans Day discount so saved myself $70 and got my first REAL safe. The old gun cabinet which I've have for a couple of decades is now repurposed for ammo storage, well some of my ammo anyway rest went into the new safe.

#23 ·
Congrats on the new safe and increased ammo storage capability.

#25 ·
Guess you should be happy you aren't in my local fire company then. My basement gets water in it all the time so that's a no go.My first floor is not big at all and there is absolutely no room for them so I had to put them upstairs. I absolutely have no other choice.. My bigger worry is the 60 plus pounds of powder, and 1000's of rounds of loaded ammo in the attic. Not trying to be a dick,but my house was built in the 30's and it's a basic farm house. If we sell and I build,all my stuff will be put in a heated basement,but that's not an option at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.