Glock Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always looked down on them as being low capacity and antiques but today I used one. Now I think I kinda like them. I like the trigger on them and it was shooting more accurately than my glock at extended ranges.

I kinda want a colt but not sure what model, do they make an all steel(stainless or plated) with all metal parts(rail gun has a poly backstrap...)?

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
14,133 Posts
Yes, Colt makes quite a few all stainless firearms...

For example:

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
As much as I am a Glock fan, I also enjoy a good 1911.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I saw some .22's 1911's at the gun show here in Orlando yeaterday... Boy I was tempted!

Are those .22's ok to get or is more of a "toy" weapon? FILL ME IN GUYS!

Thanks!

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Ya 1911's still rock! Still looking at a Springfield RO for one...unless Glock makes us one :D

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Webphisher said:
Ya 1911's still rock! Still looking at a Springfield RO for one...unless Glock makes us one :D
I will go ape**** for a Glock 1911 G1911 :0 :)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
DevilDawg235 said:
I saw some .22's 1911's at the gun show here in Orlando yeaterday... Boy I was tempted!

Are those .22's ok to get or is more of a "toy" weapon? FILL ME IN GUYS!

Thanks!
I want one of these as well. I love shooting our 1911 but too expensive to feed often. A .22 would be just right. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
The "backstrap" is the mainspring housing and is easily swapped out for flat, arched, wedge shaped, etc. Yup, back in 1911 JMB already had a modular design in his .45. If you think there are lots of accessories for Glocks, wait until you see what is out there for old slabsides.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Webphisher, I have a SA Range Officer and love it. The did a great job added in the extras and keeping the price down. SS barrel with SS matched bushing, adjustable sights, up graded the trigger, skeleton hammer, just to name a few things that Springfield did to the RO to make more appealing over the GI models. TACK DRIVER

·
Registered
624 Posts
I plan on getting the range officer as my next 1911. I love that pistol. I currently have the Loaded Tactical. But I may like the RO better and it is cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts