So 1911s...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by american lockpicker, Apr 2, 2012.

1. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

I've always looked down on them as being low capacity and antiques but today I used one. Now I think I kinda like them. I like the trigger on them and it was shooting more accurately than my glock at extended ranges.

I kinda want a colt but not sure what model, do they make an all steel(stainless or plated) with all metal parts(rail gun has a poly backstrap...)?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Yes, Colt makes quite a few all stainless firearms...

For example:

[​IMG]

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

As much as I am a Glock fan, I also enjoy a good 1911.

4. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong owning a 1911. I have owned a couple.

5. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

I saw some .22's 1911's at the gun show here in Orlando yeaterday... Boy I was tempted!

Are those .22's ok to get or is more of a "toy" weapon? FILL ME IN GUYS!

Thanks!

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ya 1911's still rock! Still looking at a Springfield RO for one...unless Glock makes us one :D

7. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I will go ape**** for a Glock 1911 G1911 :0 :)

8. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I love a good 1911. They are a joy to shoot.

9. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

You and me both

10. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I want one of these as well. I love shooting our 1911 but too expensive to feed often. A .22 would be just right. :)

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

12. The "backstrap" is the mainspring housing and is easily swapped out for flat, arched, wedge shaped, etc. Yup, back in 1911 JMB already had a modular design in his .45. If you think there are lots of accessories for Glocks, wait until you see what is out there for old slabsides.

13. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Webphisher, I have a SA Range Officer and love it. The did a great job added in the extras and keeping the price down. SS barrel with SS matched bushing, adjustable sights, up graded the trigger, skeleton hammer, just to name a few things that Springfield did to the RO to make more appealing over the GI models. TACK DRIVER

14. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I plan on getting the range officer as my next 1911. I love that pistol. I currently have the Loaded Tactical. But I may like the RO better and it is cheaper.