Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased some snap caps for failure drills. I know what they're for and generally how to use them.
My question is are there some unique ideas that anyone has heard or has done with them? I'm just trying to farther my training and being as prepared as I can as a responsible carrier. Any ideas are very much appreciated from this wonderful forum!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I"m sure you've heard the "random load" drill where you have someone load a snap cap into your mags randomly.

I also use them for draw and and fire drills when I'm at home.

D

·
1,310 Posts
dwcfastrice said:
I"m sure you've heard the "random load" drill where you have someone load a snap cap into your mags randomly.
D
This is a good one! Especially if you have extra mags and you load them all up at home before heading to the range. I randomly load snap caps throughout 6 magazines before I head to the range. Works great!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
This is a good one! Especially if you have extra mags and you load them all up at home before heading to the range. I randomly load snap caps throughout 6 magazines before I head to the range. Works great!
It's definitely great. Especially when you start to get tired. You get to REALLY see where you need to concentrate.

D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Random loading of the magazine is an excellent form of practice. Dry firing around the house is a good one I hadn't thought of. I need to practice "clearing" the house I can do that with a snap cap. Thanks all who replied. I can't wait to try these out. If there are any more suggestions I'm still listening... :)

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Amazon and gun shows.

D

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
jrlusmc said:
Sorry buddy, as I was typing I thought "I bet blackwolf has them" lol but for the record I bought mine before I knew about you :)
Lol, yeah I catch myself looking at amazon sometimes!! Then I'm like, hey wait!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
You can all so use snap caps to practice clearing 3 types of malfunctions. Instead of using live rounds in the home and risking injury.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfyULpEhmug[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uqtq_MPOBk[/ame]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts