Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on tracking on of these bad boys down? Seems everywhere is backordered....

rhino

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Ive seen many on local forums. Seems a lot jumped on the bandwagon and are now selling them. Dont know why, I know im not a fan of M&P's no feel reset trigger.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have not handled a Shield, but am very interested in getting one. Reputable reviews I have read note that there is a new trigger on the Shield with a noticeable trigger reset.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Come to north Louisiana. There are tons of shields in our area. I handled the shield a lot when I was trying out single stack 9mm's. I have said in several other forums of all the pistols I tried which were in stock I liked the Shield the best plus everywhere I looked they had 2 or more Shields. Only one dealer was able to get an Beretta Nano for me to try. As soon as I tried it I put the Shield back on the display case.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I looked at the Shield a couple of times, decided to go back and get one and they had an XDS... To make the story short I immediately left with the XDS.

·
Registered
391 Posts
cdadler said:
I looked at the Shield a couple of times, decided to go back and get one and they had an XDS... To make the story short I immediately left with the XDS.
Shot the XDS. Only a tiny bit larger than my Nano. Can't for the life of me figure out where all the recoil goes. It has the same recoil as my Glock 27 did, maybe less. If it didn't have that grip safety I would have to get me one. Unfortunately, Glock is dragging its feet on new designs. There is no reason I should be carrying a Beretta Nano, it should be a small single stack 9mm by Glock. I shouldn't be considering purchasing a small 45 and having to put up with a grip safety, I should be putting a tiny Glock 45 on layaway. WAKE UP GLOCK!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
A lot of people talk about the grip safety but I honestly have never been bothered by or even notice it. That's just me though.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
The Shield actually addressed the trigger reset and lack of feel. Its got a nice reset feel to it. I actually like it for a single stack 9.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Shot 3 separate Springfields. The grip safety feels awful in my hand. Plus I can never get over the fact that what happens if one or both of your hands are injured or hindered and you still need to defend yourself or loved ones? Because you are unable to "properly" grip and engage the grip safety you now have a Croatian paper weight instead of a firearm.

·
Banned
811 Posts
I can say that I picked one up in Kentucky as well with a very low serial number when they first came out. I was on a waiting list for a couple of weeks. I have shot the gun without a single jam,failure to feed or extract,or any type of problems. Mine is very accurate and has very little recoil just like the reviews said. Its carries better than my glock 26 with just a couple rounds less. It has become my new favorite carry gun. :)

·
Heart Of Dixie
589 Posts
Shot 3 separate Springfields. The grip safety feels awful in my hand. Plus I can never get over the fact that what happens if one or both of your hands are injured or hindered and you still need to defend yourself or loved ones? Because you are unable to "properly" grip and engage the grip safety you now have a Croatian paper weight instead of a firearm.
The grip safety doesn't bother me at all. It has been around for a
very long time and has never caused a problem that I've heard of
for hundreds of thousands of Marines and Army soldiers. I guess it
comes down to you don't like what you don't like.

·
Banned
811 Posts
I personally feel that a safety on a gun will get you killed quicker than anything. Your finger is the safety. I don't like the safety on the shield but they put it in a place where it's not a problem. Use it or not kind of safety. I never understood a grip safety even my 1911 I took the grip safety off. combat weapons don't need a safe lever.

Woodsman

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
The safety on my Shield will never be used. It has a trigger safety and that and my trigger finger know when we want to fire. Grip safeties are the reason I will never own another 1911. The Glock is so popular because its simple.
Its ready to fire as soon as its drawn, and if its not fired its ready to put away without the use of buttons and switches.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I do not mind the grip safety either. With that being said, I prefer a gun without one. I own a full size Springfield XDM. I love everything about the gun except the grip safety which I could do without. Also, I would much rather buy a XDS than the Shield. The Shield is not a pocket gun by any means, as the XDS is. But if your not planning to carry in your pocket then it will be fine.

·
Banned
811 Posts
Just tested the smith and wesson m&p9. Bought the shield and they are both accurate and reliable. This target show the first 5 shots out of the gun.

Offhand
All stock
10 yards
115 grain Remington target fmj

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.