Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a huge Glock fan, however in my opinion, Glock is a little late to the game on a women friendly CCW! My wife owns a Walther P22 and she loves it!(I think mostly because it's pink!!!)Lol! It's a great firearm for plinking, but not for self defense! I've been researching the micro compacts and I'll have to say the one that stands out is the Beretta Nano! It's small, slim, available in 9x19 and at around $400, AFFORDABLE!!! Sure, there's other great quality small handguns out there(i.e Sig Sauer, Khar, and Ruger), but I don't wanna pay $700-$800 for a gun that small! I also prefer striker fire pistols. So, until Glock desides to listen to the consumer, I guess we all will have to purchase another brand!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a matter of fact, I bought her a G26 Gen4 and the grip is too "fat" or "thick" because of her small hands and the double stack mag! I know Glock offers the G36 "Slimline" in .45 Auto, but that is way too much punch for her! Not to mention, we enjoy shooting and the .45 is a little too pricey for plinking! I sold my Ruger SR9 and took over the G26 and it's perfect for me as a CCW and for just having fun at the range. I just wish Glock would expand their "Slimline" design for other calibers such as the 9x19 and .40 S&W. I think a lot of people, including myself, got caught up in the whole hi-cap pistols, but those larger models aren't good for C&C. My opinion is that a single stack, slim model with a 6+1 mag would be perfect for my wife and other women with small hands! Just saying.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
I think a lot of people, including myself, got caught up in the whole hi-cap pistols, but those larger models aren't good for C&C.
I CC a full size and compacts no problem and I prefer as many rounds as I can get into one magazine of the preferred carry caliber of the day. In the scenario of multiple attackers less reloading and more trigger pull w/o going click or the slide locking back on an empty mag is a good thing.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I wish Glock would make a single stack, slim slide subcompact. Would love to have a Glock in a package comparable to the LCP and or LC9.

·
Registered
41 Posts
nfmus209 said:
That M&P shield is LEO only in my neck of the woods (california). Very nice looking gun though!
I'm looking into getting this gun. But I'm torn between getting it in a .40 or just going ahead and getting the G36. I love my 21 and just thought the next logical step would be to get a carry friendly version but the Shield looks very nice.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had considered the Diamondback, but at the time, I had only seen in in .380 and of course, I'm 9x19 guy. Then just a couple days ago, I see in 9x19. I watched a demo video on YouTube and I was very impressed until.....the guy starts shooting it! It was jamming every 2-3 rounds! I did however like the look and size of the gun though. The guy said he thought it was the lightest and thinnest pocket 9x19 on the market. After owning and shooting 1000 rounds through my G26 Gen4 without ANY malfunction of the gun, I think I'll stick with Glock! Don't mean to be so critical of the Diamondback. Maybe the malfunction was not serious and an easy fix. Not sure? Im just use to my G26 going "bang" when I pull the trigger!!

·
72 Posts
My wife really likes my 26 as well, but it's just too thick for her small hands. She can barely get the tip of her finger on the trigger. If it weren't for that, she'd be a Glock owner. Instead, she uses an xd9 subcompact. Which is a slightly larger and heavier gun than my Glock 26, but she has a much better grip on the handle and trigger of the xd.
But, all that being said, we (She) hasn't had the chance to check out the gen 4's yet. Do the back straps reduce the size of the grip or increase it ?

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I had considered the Diamondback, ......I watched a demo video on YouTube and I was very impressed until.....the guy starts shooting it! It was jamming every 2-3 rounds!
I was at the range on Memorial day and got to shoot one of these...same exact issues. The guy had a .380 as well...same problems, except it ended up not resetting the trigger...funny thing is, it already had gone back to be repaired once. Not impressed with DB.

Do the back straps reduce the size of the grip or increase it ?
Increase it. The smallest it can go is without the straps added. A professional grip reduction (i.e. removing material from the grip permanently by melting it off).

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I CC a full size and compacts no problem and I prefer as many rounds as I can get into one magazine of the preferred carry caliber of the day. In the scenario of multiple attackers less reloading and more trigger pull w/o going click or the slide locking back on an empty mag is a good thing.
Except it is for his wife. She sounds like a small woman, and she may not be able to nor desire to carry a full size weapon. If the G26 is too big, a G17 would be way too large for her. His wife sounds like my fiance, it is not so much about the tactical advantage of the gun, but that it is not a hassle to carry, it fits her, and even though i don't understand it; that it looks good. Females sometimes take different things into consideration. I would rather have my woman carry a slimline 9mm with 6+1 than to carry no gun at all because the gun I bought for her is too "chunky", even though I may not agree with it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Except it is for his wife. She sounds like a small woman, and she may not be able to nor desire to carry a full size weapon. If the G26 is too big, a G17 would be way too large for her. His wife sounds like my fiance, it is not so much about the tactical advantage of the gun, but that it is not a hassle to carry, it fits her, and even though i don't understand it; that it looks good. Females sometimes take different things into consideration. I would rather have my woman carry a slimline 9mm with 6+1 than to carry no gun at all because the gun I bought for her is too "chunky", even though I may not agree with it.
Thank you! I'm glad someone actually got the POINT of my OP! I agree that I'd rather my wife carry a 6+1 9mm than the 10+1 Walther p22 she has or like you said, no gun at all! I mean the p22 is great for plinking, but not ideal for CCW!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
My Wife carries the S&W 642 .38 Special. I would prefer she carry a 45ACP but I always leave it up to the person carrying the gun! Of Course her's has the trigger job done and has one sweet trigger pull!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My Wife carries the S&W 642 .38 Special. I would prefer she carry a 45ACP but I always leave it up to the person carrying the gun! Of Course her's has the trigger job done and has one sweet trigger pull!
We had looked at the G36 slimline .45 ACP, but that's too recoil for her small hands. Not a fan of revolvers though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.