Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the range . And when I shoot the final round out of my magazine my slide won't stay in the back position . What's the deal ?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just went to the range . And when I shoot the final round out of my magazine my slide won't stay in the back position . What's the deal ?
First, does it do it every time? If so, make sure you're not limp wristing. Second, take a look at the slide stop lever to make sure it's working properly.

·
Registered
836 Posts
kodiak is right, I forgot about that possibility. The slide is designed to lock back when there's an empty mag in. If your thumb or anything for that matter interferes with the slide during recoil on the last round, it will cause it to not lock back.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
kodiak said:
Your thumb riding the lever
+1 on this. But don't feel bad, I once did the same thing with the same result.

I was so frustrated wondering what was wrong with my gun. I googled the problem and quickly realized the problem was me. Oh well, a simple grip change and all was good again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same thing just happened to me last weekend
I have approximately 1200 rounds through my G26 and I never had this problem
I had it inspected by a guy at the range and he didn't find anything wrong with a gun.
After analyzing the mechanism at home I know there's nothing wrong
As much as I don't want to admit I think it was limp wristing
I think I just got too comfortable shooting and I didn't pay attention to a firm grip
The good thing is I never had a jam

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
If you care to test kodiaks' theory, just place (the same mag you used at the range) an empty mag in the mag well and try to cycle the slide by hand. If it locks back every time you're probably good to go!

Happy to see you changed your grip!

·
Registered
653 Posts
GunnerGSP said:
+1 on this. But don't feel bad, I once did the same thing with the same result.

I was so frustrated wondering what was wrong with my gun. I googled the problem and quickly realized the problem was me. Oh well, a simple grip change and all was good again.
Did you have an extended slide stop on it? I was having that problem shooting uspsa and It was ticking me off cause I was loosing seconds on my reload until I realized my thump was on the slide stop. I switched back to the stock "flat" slide stop and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Glock_Fanatic said:
Did you have an extended slide stop on it? I was having that problem shooting uspsa and It was ticking me off cause I was loosing seconds on my reload until I realized my thump was on the slide stop. I switched back to the stock "flat" slide stop and haven't had a problem since.
No extended slide stop. Mine was stock. After making a mental note about my grip and where my thumb is, I have not had it happen since.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I guess you said that earlier and I failed to read it... Sorry about that but glad you fixed the problem!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I guess you said that earlier and I failed to read it... Sorry about that but glad you fixed the problem!
No problem. Amazing what that google can find for you. When it happened to me, I had my answer in minutes just by checking the interwebs :D .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts