Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like to know if any of you have experienced your slide rusting? I have been carrying mine for less than two years (1y 5m) in owb iwb, leather, kydex and or polymer holsters. I clean it regularly before and after each shoot. And once every month or two depends on the amount iwb I carry.

Here is a pic.

I have contacted glock and they replied in 15min and want to bring the forms and everything to sort me out. Great service from the guys here in RSA.

My opinion is that the coating might have been to thin on those areas.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi there i am also from RSA, a friend of mine had the same issue with his baretta, he lives in a coastal area with allot of humidity, i believe baretta sorted him out, i'll check in with him and find out what was the blame... I suspected the salty humidity on the slightly worn slide

Glad to hear Glock ZA was on their game to accommodate you...

G23 gen4.... From ZA

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also gauteng... Yes then it is strange, i wonder what is to blame? Please let me know when you get feedback on why it happened... I have seen gen2 very worn but no rust..

GP- we need self defense weapons here "Gangsters Paradise"

G23 gen4.... From ZA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.