Slide doesnt fit right

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ehunsing, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ehunsing

ehunsing New Member

Got a new frame from glock. I am putting the same setup back in the slide as I had before. It does have lts of aftermarket parts. Kkm barrel and tungsten guide rod. It is a glock 34. When I get the slide on. Right before it will catch the last ears the slide wants to push up a little and stop. If I press down on the back of the slide and catch the ears it will go on. Any suggestions

2. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

If you got it from Glock, I'd say contact them. They should get you a new one.

3. ehunsing

ehunsing New Member

Tried my glock 35 slide and that went on with no problem on the same frame. So just the 34 slide has the issue. I'm stumped what might be causing it. I have has the slide apart a few times and tried changing parts around. Any ideas about what might cause this

4. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

I'm thinking they sent you a frame for a 35 not a 34. Granted the guns are near identical but the tolerances in certain areas will differ to each caliber gun. Only certain parts would interchange.

5. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

When you installed the firing pin safety into that slide, did you ensure that the firing pin safety spring was correctly installed into the firing pin safety? The spring should be pushed into the safety until it somewhat clicks into place in the safety, or you can twist the spring while pushing it down into the safety to accomplish the same thing. If the spring isn't properly seated in the safety, it can come out of the safety and turn sideways in the slide.

With some Gen3 and Gen4 Glocks made around 2010, to get the slide onto the frame you'd have to do one or both of two things.
    1. Hold the slide with the muzzle pointed down to the ground and press the firing pin safety into the slide. This will allow the firing pin to move forward and hold the firing pin safety in the depressed position.
    2. Put your thumb on the back of the arm of the trigger bar that engages the firing pin safety, and press that arm of the trigger bar forward toward the muzzle of the frame. This will set the trigger forward, thereby putting that arm of the trigger bar in a lower position so it can better clear the firing pin safety.
    (DO NOT pull the trigger on the field stripped frame UNLESS you're simultaneously putting forward pressure on the rear of the arm of the trigger bar that engages the firing pin safety. Pulling the trigger on the field stripped frame without putting forward pressure on that arm can damage the trigger safety.)

I don't know exactly why that happened with some Glocks made around that time period. It's possible that some of the trigger bars were just out-of-spec enough to make reassembly from field strip more difficult, but still in-spec to function correctly otherwise. Some people reported that the problem went away after a while, some reported that replacing the trigger bar got rid of the problem.

6. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Try taking the barrel and guide rod out and putting the slide on. To get it off you do the normal steps, but as you push the slide forward you will have to keep the trigger depressed. This way you can eliminate any aftermarket parts and call glock to have them send you another new frame.

7. Since no one has asked and you didn't state it.......why did you get a new frame?

8. ehunsing

ehunsing New Member

Frame had crack on grip

9. Okay.......from?

I sense a kaboom and maybe that's why the slide doesn't fit correctly? Something sounds fishy.

10. ehunsing

ehunsing New Member

Had crack near lanyard hole. Sent in ti get a new frame and they warranties it out for free. What do you mean you sense a kaboom?

11. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

He's trying to say you had some catastrophic malfunction that caused the crack in the frame and it damaged the slide in the process.

12. Exactly.......with such little detail it's easy to come to my own conclusions be it right or wrong. In this case wrong if that's all it was.

13. ehunsing

ehunsing New Member

It was a hairline crack at the bottom. I would have never have noticed it except I was trying to a magwell. It did not effect the gun itself for shooting purposes

14. Tape

Tape New Member

like a really hot load.......KABOOMMM

15. ehunsing

ehunsing New Member

It was a small hairline crack at bottom of lanyard hole. Would never had known about it except I was tring to add on a magwell and say the hairline crack

16. ehunsing

ehunsing New Member

Always have run production ammo. Never any reloads