Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think slide cutouts look really great anybody have a thought on them or photos....

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
vanniek71 said:
Salient Arms does a lot of them, google it they have some really cool looking ones.
Very diffrent. Very cool. Do you know the model?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
vanniek71 said:
I'm not sure. I do know that those slides start out as Glock factory slide and then Salient mills them out and customizes them.
Im looking it up. Specially with the 21 seems it would really cut down the weight not to mention the badass factor!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Raptor said:
Who does the work the best?
I dont know yet. Going to check out the website.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've seen these, but I've also read that the weight of the slide plays an important part in the cycling of the gun.

Would like to hear some of our more informed colleagues weigh in on this one.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
dougster said:
I've seen these, but I've also read that the weight of the slide plays an important part in the cycling of the gun.

Would like to hear some of our more informed colleagues weigh in on this one.
Yes please, i wonder if on a glock it will cancel out you warranty as well? All you informed glock owners, what do you say?

·
Banned
258 Posts
I'm sure you'll void the warranty. :)
While cutting some may not affect the slide action, I'm sure if you cut too much it will affect cycling and durability. Not to mention let in more debris, dust, moisture, etc. If the is a reason for it I guess it's great, but I really think its useless and is detrimental to the pistol. Just my humble 2 pennies.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Well, they look interesting, & the Glock slide shape does lend itself to some possibilities in regard to porting. The G34 came factory with a pretty big cutout on the top. With a mirror polish on the outside of the barrel it would look pretty different. Here's a link to one- http://www.gunreports.com/custom/apps/gunreport_detail.php?id=9239 The Glock slide shape kind of reminds me of a big, long locomotive, or submarine. Lots of possibilities there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If you remove too much mass from the slide, you will have to go to a lighter recoil spring in order to have reliable function. I would not do that on a carry gun, in large part to the mentioned increase in dust/debris/dirt that will get in.

You will void your warranty on the slide itself. The rest of the gun will remain covered. If you do this, you will be opening up the edges of the cut to rust as the edges will not have the Tennifer treatment; it doesn't go deep enough to protect the exposed areas. A good finish will protect it, but if the finish should get damaged, then you could have a problem.

Something else to consider, as far as polishing...I've not experienced it myself, but I have read reports from multiple people that when they try to apply oil to their polished barrel, it just runs right off. Glocks can run on minimal lubrication, but they do need some.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
jonm61 said:
If you remove too much mass from the slide, you will have to go to a lighter recoil spring in order to have reliable function. I would not do that on a carry gun, in large part to the mentioned increase in dust/debris/dirt that will get in.

You will void your warranty on the slide itself. The rest of the gun will remain covered. If you do this, you will be opening up the edges of the cut to rust as the edges will not have the Tennifer treatment; it doesn't go deep enough to protect the exposed areas. A good finish will protect it, but if the finish should get damaged, then you could have a problem.

Something else to consider, as far as polishing...I've not experienced it myself, but I have read reports from multiple people that when they try to apply oil to their polished barrel, it just runs right off. Glocks can run on minimal lubrication, but they do need some.
Well, i guess sometimes the pretty stuff just isnt as advertised is it. Thanks for the good info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts