Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issue shooting my glock 22 for the first time today... I had the slide lock back twice when there were still rounds in the mag... No jams, standard FTF? No round in chamber, not a double feed. Thumb is nowhere near the slide lock. What could be the issue? Magazine? Shooting technique? Ammo? Other than this "small" issue, had a fun day at the range letting out 200 rounds.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brand new mag... Possibly a manufacturing error? I have set the one in question aside, and will check it out later when I get the time.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Check barrel for a slight bulge on the outside and a ring on the inside

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
My guess is an improperly installed/broken slide lock spring or else bent slide stop lever

Hand cycle it, see if you can dublicate the slide locking back, if you can it's probable the above. If not it's probably the your grip while firing.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Just take it apart and check to see if everything was installed correctly. I am also leaning towards the above.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The slide stop spring needs to be under the locking block pin. If it's not, the slide stop can bounce up into the notch in the slide and lock the slide back with rounds still in the magazine. If it was installed incorrectly, the slide stop spring may have also been damaged.

If the slide stop is extended, you may indeed be pushing it up into the slide upon recoil without realizing it.

The Glock Armorer's Tool is a 3/32 inch punch.

Correct slide stop spring position, image credit to Butch:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock pics/Springplacement-correct-1.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0wDDFV0NY[/ame]

On the following page are some Glock Armorer's Manuals, just scroll down to the "G" section. I learned from the Update Manual and 2009 Manual. The 2009 Manual has a few pages missing, but that info can be found in the Update Manual as well.
http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info. When I get off work I'll check into it. I don't think it is my grip, my thumbs stay lower than the release for that exact reason.

·
Banned
786 Posts
Thanks for the info. When I get off work I'll check into it. I don't think it is my grip, my thumbs stay lower than the release for that exact reason.
Well I hope it's an easy fix and you get her up and running soon bro. Keep us updated...

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you a lot!!!! The slide stop lever was installed wrong, simple mistake, no hurt on my opinion of glockmiester. The spring was on top of the pin, it is now on the bottom as described by your posts. Again thank you, and next time at the range I will let you all know how it does.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Glad it worked out for you, but that is a rookie mistake to install the SSL incorrectly. If I were you I would make sure they knew about it.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Glad it worked out for you, but that is a rookie mistake to install the SSL incorrectly. If I were you I would make sure they knew about it.
absolutely, no need to jump anyone's butt over it, IMO, but they should be made aware of it none the less

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
bhale187 said:
absolutely, no need to jump anyone's butt over it, IMO, but they should be made aware of it none the less
Attention to detail...and this is a basic procedure we're talking about. Current circumstance may not have been a big deal, but we're talking about a firearm. These guys are supposed to be experts. Makes you wonder who's working on these things. You and I know this wouldn't fly in your dept.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Attention to detail...and this is a basic procedure we're talking about. Current circumstance may not have been a big deal, but we're talking about a firearm. These guys are supposed to be experts. Makes you wonder who's working on these things. You and I know this wouldn't fly in your dept.
You're absolutely right, but I'm willing to give someone a break on a single mistake, we all screw up sometimes. That's why I'd say let them know, just in case it's not a one time thing, and if they can track who did it they can keep track of future screw ups and get him/her off the line.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts