Glock Forum banner

sks

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  american lockpicker 
#1 ·
What do you all think about the sks? My brother in law has a Chinese sks but says it isn't very accurate... he wants to sell it and get into an ar15. Do you think it would be best to mod the sks or start an ar build?

#2 ·
I bought one in 89 for $125. Threw a folder on it, BS scope and 20 round chi com mag. Had a lot of fun plinking and tearing stuff up. Great rifle to play with and learn how to use and accessorize. I recommend getting one especially for your first rifle. You can always turn it after you have had your fun with it so you can turn towards an AR15 more tailored to your wants and needs.

#3 ·
The SKS is an outstanding rifle. Accurate and reliable. 7.62x39 is reasonably priced and easy to find. Plenty you can do with it. If a manufacturer was to develop a rifle like that for the civilian market now it would cost 3x as much as you'll pay for the SKS

#4 ·
I've heard they are reasonably accurate. I plan on buying one, and as SteveC said the ammo is cheap so more range time.

#5 · (Edited)
Here is an awesome read on SKS: http://www.yooperj.com/

I will be getting a Russian one here at the end of the month. An they have reports of "slam firing" when you close the bolt but I have found out that it is most common with the SKS still coated in cosmoline. The cosmoline is what is keeping the firing pin stuck out. An like others have said the ammo is cheap just like the mosin nagant ammo.

Watch hickok45 video on the SKS, you wont be disappointed. :)

#8 ·
66Goat389 said:
I bought a norinco sks for $100 a couple weeks ago with six boxes of ammo. And bayonet..... Sweet.
Are you kidding crazy.....

#15 ·
66Goat389 said:
Anyways, buy a sks or an ar or whatever makes you happy.... You won't be disappointed in either one.
Agree with you on that one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.