Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guy I know has a SKS he is selline and he says it is chambered in a .30 caliber. Has anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ask to see the ammo he shoots out of it. The SKS shoots a .7.62x39 round and I've never seen it chambered for anything else. 7.62x39 is technically .30 caliber, but there are many different .30 caliber rounds. the 7.62x39 is not interchangeable with any other .30 caliber round.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. My buddy was selling one for 150. Said it was a 30 cal and had me confused.

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Buy it now!

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Technically they're .310"-.311" not the standard .308" that we're use to calling "30 caliber" but that being said Ruger does make their Mini-30's with .308" rifling so they're a bit different then the Com-Boc weapons.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
bhale187 said:
Absolutely!
That's half the going price around here.
That being said my friend has 6 he is trying to sell. He said anywhere from $100 to $300 each
He inherited them all from a cousin.

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Package deal price? I'm interested.

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
Package deal price? I'm interested.
Oh MAN ! I would be too but we're waiting on a local PD's trade-ins and are counting pennies.

re op:...$150.00...........BUY IT !

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought it. Turns out its a Yugoslavian. The stock needs to be replaced imo, but the gun functions flawlessly. Well worth the $.

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Have you shot it yet?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I ran about 60 rounds through it no problems whatsoever. It has after market stock and original hand guard. Don't know what I am going to do about that yet. I have attempted to load a pic but the app on my phone keeps saying that it is crashing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I bought it. Turns out its a Yugoslavian. The stock needs to be replaced imo, but the gun functions flawlessly. Well worth the $.
I have a wood SKS stock minus the gase tube, let me know if you want it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts