Glock Forum banner

Sigma Goes To War

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Donn 
#1 ·
For anyone that didnt catch it.

Just recently, the Sigma SW9VE was brought on line as an Allied Forces Model SW9VE, with the Afghanistan National Army, National Police and the Border Patrol placing initial and follow-up orders for more than 22,000 of the 9mm-chambered pistols.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2008/03/19/sigma-goes-to-war/

I find it crazy how cheap these guns are. Ive seen them at gun shows going for $300.

#4 ·
I wouldn't trust my life to a sigma. I have had one and I have seen many fail. Not tryin to be a hater just stating what I have seen.
I have a buddy that has one and he is trying to get me to buy one but I wont do it. He his self doesnt even handle the gun often he carries a Taurus Mil Pro. My brother use to have one back in the day and he would tell me about all the issues the thing had. I know they fixed alot of that but if I were going to go with a Smith & Wesson I would do a M&P.

#6 ·
I wouldn't trust my life to a sigma. I have had one and I have seen many fail. Not tryin to be a hater just stating what I have seen.
+1
I bought one when they first came out, it was a jammomatic, traded it off for a rossi or taurus revolver.

We had Sigma's for almost a year at a PD I worked for years ago. After the second trip to the range we had to take almost everyone of them out of service because they would not make it through a mag without a FTF or FTE, lots of stovepipes. Luckily they were smart enough to switch to Glocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.