sights

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Madrescue, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Madrescue

Madrescue New Member

Any ideas on a good place to purchase reasonable priced glow in the dark sights for a Glock 19

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Madrescue !!

...never priced out any, but someone will be by shortly with an opinion or two...!

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Look at Brownell's, I have ordered from them and have nothing but good to say about them.

4. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

Check MidwayUSA.com their prices are fair and the shipping is fast.

5. Treal

Treal New Member

Trijicon makes the best set in my opinion.

6. SgtYogi

SgtYogi New Member

I bought a Police trade in GL23. The rear sight is set to the far left. How do I center the sight? Do I need a special tool?

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

Does the rear sight have tritium vials that glow in the dark? If so, do they still glow pretty well?

If it has tritium vials and they still glow pretty well, I'd get a Glock rear sight tool to drift it over to your liking. The tools are pretty expensive though, if you plan on installing your own sights in the future it's a good investment but otherwise it may not be worth the cost.

If it doesn't have tritium vials, or the vials barely glow anymore, you can drift the sight over with a hammer and punch. Don't use a steel punch, use brass or even better a plastic punch.

When I installed the sights on my slide, I put the slide in a padded vice and used a hammer with a delrin(plastic) punch. I padded the gripping surfaces of the slide with cereal box cardboard taped on with masking tape. If you put the slide in a vice, you have to be very careful not to put pressure with the vice on the slide rails, the ejection port, or any portion forward of the ejection port. In order to do that properly without damaging the slide, you'll need to use small pieces of wood taped to the vice with masking tape, so that pressure is only applied to the slide in these areas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a good video showing sight installation, the only thing he does wrong is to put pressure on the slide with the vice on the ejection port area:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4maCQhEIjoA[/ame]
    (he also uses red loctite which isn't my preference, the rear sight shouldn't need any loctite and I prefer to use blue loctite for the front sight)

8. SgtYogi

SgtYogi New Member

Thank you for your help. Yes the sights still glow. So I guess I will try to get the sight tool. Happen to know of the best place to get one?

9. Trotac

Trotac New Member

Sights are a highly personal preference specific modification... In my opinion the Ameriglo Pro I-dots (w/ orange outlined front sight)are the best combat/ night sights available, and they also happen to be one of the cheapest options available at around $65. Good luck deciding!