Featured Sights Recommendations?? Glock 19 Gen 4

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Shahman, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Shahman

Shahman Member

20170927_175202.jpg 20170927_175202.jpg Hello there,

I am looking for some sight recommendations. I had originally put on HD Trijicon sights on my original Glock slide. I replaced the slide with a new slide. I sold my old slide that had the sights on it.

I'm looking for recommendations.... I've been out of the loop for a while... any insight if greatly appreciated. I realize the HD sights were great for an EDC pistol, for fast target acquisition.This time I am looking for a balance between fast target acquisition but also accuracy at a distance. I don't think the HD sights lent itself in the pin pointed accuracy for anything 15 yards and more. I think I may need a thinner post front sight??

Please let me know your thoughts. I'm not budget conscious. Just something really good. I am not looking to using an RMR any time soon.

The ones that came to mind were:
    - Heini Straight 8s and
    - Dueck (rear site with something else in the front)
    - Sights from Zev (rear is dark) and front post (fiber optic)

P.S. I've posted a photo of my G19 Gen 4 with the new slide.

I would love to hear your thoughts, experiences, insights...experiences...etc.

Thanks!
    AJ

2. DAVEF

DAVEF Well-Known Member

Skip the Heini. I think you will run into the same issue. Standard Glock night sights will give a much better sight picture for accuracy/distance than something like the Straight 8s.

Shahman likes this.

3. eltell

eltell New Member

Nice piece of engineering on the slide. :)

Shahman likes this.
  4. BlackGuns4Fun

BlackGuns4Fun Member

I think the Trijicon HDs are the gold standard for sights on a carry or duty pistol. I share your dislike of the size of the front sight, though.

I'd look at the new Trijicon HD XRs. Much thinner front sight. Sounds like the Trijicon folks were listening to the feedback they were receiving.

Shahman likes this.
  5. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Wilson Combat offers a nice Vickers set with a thin front post for Glocks.

Shahman likes this.
  6. Shahman

Shahman Member

Thank you everyone for your insight and comments... I went with the Dueck Defense sights... I am posting some photos. I love the rear sight with the ledge and totally deburred (everything is rounded off on the rear site) and the front post is an HD style setup. There's also a Tritium dot on the rear ledge -so it is like a straight 8 setup.

Attached Files:

DAVEF likes this.