sights for arminius revolver

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by 10mil, May 26, 2012.

1. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    my dads has one grew up shooting it. he has got nerve damage now and dosent really take care of his guns anymore he's a retired army special forces sniper. he keeps in under his seat in his truck and he told me it was getting rusty and couldn't find his cleaning kit. so i brought mine over 3hours of hops number 9 its clean. but i noticed the back sight has a chip on it and want to get him some night sights for it. this thing is as old as i am he bought it in Germany when he was stationed there and where i was

ForumRunner_20120525_235952.jpg

born but he said they don't make them any more... and i can't find anything about changeable sights for them. its a 357mag. six shot. and admins if this is in the wrong place please correct for me. thank you

2. That is a beautiful revolver, I'm jealous

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
  4. 10mil

GA
  5. 10mil

GA
  6. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

That's something that will require specific custom work. Find a local gun smith and get a quote. You can also do a Google search for custom sight work and see what you can find. There are plenty of people out there who do it.

They're probably going to have to make either a completely new rear sight or at least a new blade (I'm guessing that's what's chipped). They would probably have to even if it weren't chipped, as you need a certain depth to secure the tritium vials. The front sight, if it's not wide enough, would also have to be replaced. Just remember, if it is wide enough, that this is a permanent modification.

7. 10mil

GA
    the blade isn't what's damaged i know you can't see in the pic but under the blade there use to be like an under lip served no purpose on the sights and its still as accurate as always i just wanted to put night sights on it(even though dad say night sight make no differents) i just wanted to do something nice for him but i will go check local gun smiths thank you for the info