Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 1911 and G19 for self defense. But I purchased my G20sf for when out at our Ranch. So it's main use will be for 4 legged creatures or blasting rattlesnakes heads off. I'm not left with much money to try different sights, so maybe one of you have experience.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Night sights aren't really necessary unless the gun is going to be used as your CCW because they're easier to conceal than having a gun with a tac-light on it. As a range gun, I'd say pass on night sights for your G20sf. Night sights only help you see the sights, they don't help you see the target any better. Truth be told, if the G20 is going to be a ranch gun, spend the money on a good tac light instead.

Really going to use a 10mm on a snake? Must be some kind of big snakes out your way!! :)

Edit: oops, I'm sorry for some reason I read your OP as asking about night sights rather than sights in general. But my above post still stands - the stock sights are fine for whacking snakes and critters, but you might consider a light for it instead if you are often outside at night.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Sounds like you need fast target acquisition…

I hear that Ameriglo I-Dots and XS big dots are superb! (and I offer both).

Personally I use standard glock night sights on my glock. They came on it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya not necessarily interested in night sights. Maybe adjustable sights. I saw some from meprolight. Anyone know of the quality of these? Looking to spend 100 or less

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I would go with Some Dawson precision sights if night sights are not an issue. If the are then tru glo TFO sights. I have the Warren tactical rear and Dawson fiber optic front post in my competition glock and the TFO on my glock 23 and love them both but shoot better with the competition sights

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
As Blackwolf stated, the Glock rear adjustables are great. I have them on my G34 that I use for comp. you can get them for around $30.00. There are better ones out there, but these are good. Both Windage and elevation adjustments. Depends on how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
195 Posts
As far a Meprolight sights go I just got some Tru dot night sights in and they glow like a dream and have a nice quick obtainable sight picture in day or night conditions. IMHO I feel the sight recticals are just a little bigger than others. But I also have a TAC light on it as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts