Sight for colt m4

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by n8tv, Jun 21, 2012.

1. n8tv

n8tv New Member

So i got my new colt but now of course I need a sight. I just wanted to see what other guys with ar 15 platforms were using. Right now I have the magpul flip up rear sight and standard front sight.also what kind of ammo u guys running I usually use American eagle I get 20 rounds for $9.00. I may be able to get steel cheaper but have heard of problems with steel.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

The sights kinda depend on application, close quarter vs. long distance. Red dot w/o magnification or scope. Some scopes have colored crosshairs. There are cheap ones to very expensive.walmart red dot to a Eotech. Same with scopes!
    I reload my 5.56 ammo so no recommendation on that.

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I run bulk Federal, PMC and American Eagle. Personally I avoid steel case usually. I have run Hornady steel cased with no ill effects.
    I've used Aimpoint, Eotech and Trijicon. They're all good. I like Aimpoint for all around use.
    Get good with the irons first and you'll appreciate the optics.

4. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

I buy the 1000 round box of federal xm193, when its on sale I can get it for under $300 been looking at reloading equipment lately to to reload the brass. I run and EOTech EXPS2-0 with a Primary arms 3x magnifier. Check out www.primaryarms.com with all EOTech purchases you get a free magnifier and mount. They are made in china, but are actually built very solid. Their other optics are supposed to be excellent as well.

5. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Here is a pic of my setup

Gun is on safe and there is no BCG in the gun either so no worries about the rod being in the trigger with a full mag incase someone got their panties in a wad.

ForumRunner_20120622_023955.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  6. My AR has iron sights for now, but for ammo, check out the bulk ammo providers on other posts. I like freedommunitions.com as they make both new and reloaded brass rounds in several bullet types and weights.

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I am really getting a liking for the black rifles!! That's a great looking Rifle there Justin! Love it!!

8. n8tv

n8tv New Member

That I a nice setup. How much magnification is that. And what your range with it?

9. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Thanks, they are pretty fun I just hate cleaning them because I see dirty areas that I can't seem to get to very well. I will eventually get a nickel boron coated BCG. I also am going to order a Dave tubbs buffer spring and the spikes tactical T2 buffer. If I had to do it over I think I would get a gas piston system as from my understanding is less dirty.

It's a 3x magnifer, PA made 6x but I don't see it on their website anymore. I haven't seen much over 3x for magnifiers. I can only go out to 46 yards since that is the max distance of my indoor range but here are some targets from yesterday the one on the left is just the EOTech and the one on the right is with the magnifier. The sight is not off zero, I had it off the red because it is easier to see the red dot on black than red on red.

8in circle with 1 1/2in bullseye
    ForumRunner_20120622_100931.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  10. n8tv

n8tv New Member

Nice bro. I am going to check it out.