Sig556

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Webphisher, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Anyone have a reason not to buy one of these, I have the chance to pick one up for $1200. So far it looks good on paper, I didn't realize I had the money for it till after I left the place. So I have to go back and really look it over. But if anyone has a reason to not buy it I'm all ears.

2. malladus

malladus New Member

Any idea of which model it is?

The original ones had issues with the rails being installed out of true on the upper receiver which caused all sorts of issues. The fish gill forward hand guards on some mid production rifles had a defect in the forward ring that would crack and make them fall off. Also the brass on all has a tendency to hit the same spot on the back of the upper behind the ejection port and can wear the finish there. Most folks just put a piece of tape there and go on with life.

If its a newer one then no problems other the ejection thing.

I have 1 and love it. Shoots about anything I put through it. Shoots softer then my ARs in 5.56. Bought a SiG522 to go with it for cheap training. Almost bought one chambered in 7.62x39 at the last fun show.

Some folks don't like the fact that it's made to take AR parts and not just the same as the original SIGs, but it's a good rifle in my experience.

malladus

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

That price is too high ($1200), but they are a fine rifle. I only got rid of mine because it was too nose heavy out of balance for my liking.

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I am in the same boat. I just sold my LMT AR-15 to get a piston rifle since I use a suppressor. I was up in the air between the Sig 556 SWAT patrol or the Sig 516 Patrol. I'm pretty much decided on the Sig 556. I like the different design and from what I've read the short stroke piston system they use is identical to the system LWRCI uses. As soon as I get paid on my LMT (this Friday) I'm going to order my Sig 556. I am ordering mine through GT Distributors since I can get LEO pricing on it at $1,032.

5. Webphisher

So ya, my wallet, she hurts so hard. Sig556, a few PMAGS, 200 rounds of ammo, Eotech 512 Red Dot sight, Voodoo bag. But worth every damn penny. Couldn't get it to the range before they closed but they are open tomorrow so I'm waking up early on my day of and breaking her in, pics to follow once I get the Eotech mounted right.

6. Webphisher

Here's a quick pic to tide ya'all over till I get a chance to take a proper pic. I need a Magpul AFG2 still, they were out where I got it. That and the larger trigger guard and I'll be set.

Attached Files:

• sig.jpg
      sig.jpg
      File size:
      19.5 KB
      Views: