Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
I thought Sig Sauer was originally a Swiss company that eventually combined with a German company, and they fairly recently built some plants in the US (headquartered in New Hampshire). I definitely could have that confused somehow? But now the German company has gone belly up, the Swiss part of the company is still hanging on somewhat, and, perhaps by default, it's basically an American company now? I'm corn-fused?
It was Sig & Sauer & sons. Their first 2 guns made as sig Sauer were the p220, & the p230sl I believe.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
The History of Sig Sauer
https://www.sigsauer.com/company/history/

"In 1853, Friedrich Peyer im Hof, Heinrich Moser and Conrad Neher began what they thought would become a successful wagon factory above the Rhine Falls in Switzerland."

"Little did they know then, that their company would become one of the world’s most renowned manufacturers of small arms. Just seven years after constructing an industrial plant for building the most sophisticated wagons and railway cars, the three ambitious owners undertook a more serious venture."

Enjoy the article. :)

Best regards,

Bob

· Registered
539 Posts
I suppose the big law suit regarding Steyr and the P320/modular/one serialized part thing didn't have much to do with the bankruptcy? I heard through the grapevine Sig won that battle, but didn't see any "official" report. The whole thing seemed an insincere money grab. It didn't seem like Steyr cared until Sig won the big US military contract, and Beretta, Ruger, and Honor Arms, (at least) did the same thing. Did Steyr even use the concept to date at all?

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
I suppose the big law suit regarding Steyr and the P320/modular/one serialized part thing didn't have much to do with the bankruptcy? I heard through the grapevine Sig won that battle, but didn't see any "official" report. The whole thing seemed an insincere money grab. It didn't seem like Steyr cared until Sig won the big US military contract, and Beretta, Ruger, and Honor Arms, (at least) did the same thing. Did Steyr even use the concept to date at all?
I don’t think so. Beretta APX uses the same set up as the P320.

· Registered
539 Posts
I’m not sure, but Rivers customer service is bar none!!
Agreed! I've had 5 Rugers, great customer service. Also I'm not complaining that Ruger, Beretta, or Honor Arms now have only one serialized part (on some models), I think it's a great idea and the way most manufacturers are going to go in the future. It just seems strange that Steyr only picked on Sig Sauer, but didn't seem to have a problem with other companies doing the same thing.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Agreed! I've had 5 Rugers, great customer service. Also I'm not complaining that Ruger, Beretta, or Honor Arms now have only one serialized part (on some models), I think it's a great idea and the way most manufacturers are going to go in the future. It just seems strange that Steyr only picked on Sig Sauer, but didn't seem to have a problem with other companies doing the same thing.
Coulda been the military contract?

· Premium Member
10,735 Posts
Guess I'll hold on to my German made 226 and P6/225. Maybe a good investment especially since an old friend gave me the 226 still NIB.
Especially if it's a German produced 226.

· Premium Member
10,735 Posts
That's it,hang on to it.

· Premium Member
10,735 Posts

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Then there’s the guys that say they won’t touch a Sig unless it’s a folded sheet steel slide Sig!
Office equipment Cylinder Tints and shades Metal Office supplies
Hood Grille Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior

Wood Bumper Flooring Wood stain Automotive exterior

The top in all pics is the folded sheet steel aka 2 piece slide.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.