Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just saw that Sig has filed for bankruptcy in Germany. I wonder if this changes any in the USA. Probably not?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
For those interested...

BREAKING: SIG Sauer Germany Closes Down
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/06/05/breaking-sig-sauer-germany-closes-down/

Note that...

"SIG SAUER, Inc. operations in the U.S. will continue business as usual. The U.S. based division, headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, has over 2,300 employees throughout 9 facilities in New Hampshire, Arkansas and Oregon where the company designs and manufactures firearms, ammunition, optics, suppressors and air guns. Further, in New Hampshire, the company operates one of the most advanced training facilities in the world, SIG SAUER Academy."

Best regards,

Bob

·
Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
Sig in NH is right by New England Dragway. Unfortunately, the Summernationals aren't coming to the Northeast, but last I saw Sigs sign was still there.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I used sig 10mm with no issue.had a buddy buy 500 rds of 380 and his gun choked on it.I had to give him a I told you so.I never buy a specific brand of ammo in bulk for a new gun,yet alone for a 380.I learned the hard way.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,720 Posts
No more German made Sigs . well theres still HK
Actually....
I believe part of Sigs abandoning of Germany was over hostile treatment by the government launching never ending probes into violations of German/Euro export rules.
Top execs have had charges filed against them.
HK has had the same thing happen. HK has also seen a surge in operations and manufacturing transferred to the United States.
If the Germans are smart they might see the regulations and red tape are driving out their gun industry. But maybe that’s the goal anyway.

·
Super Moderator
61,247 Posts
Actually....
I believe part of Sigs abandoning of Germany was over hostile treatment by the government launching never ending probes into violations of German/Euro export rules.
HK has had the same thing happen. HK has also seen a surge in operations and manufacturing transferred to the United States.
If the Germans are smart they might see the regulations and red tape are driving out their gun industry. But maybe that’s the goal anyway.
They can all move to Texas.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sig in NH is right by New England Dragway. Unfortunately, the Summernationals aren't coming to the Northeast, but last I saw Sigs sign was still there.
If you ever get a chance to take a class or attend a match there, jump at the chance.
It's a world class shooting venue in a huge property and beautiful setting.

Reactions: mattm

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those interested...

BREAKING: SIG Sauer Germany Closes Down
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/06/05/breaking-sig-sauer-germany-closes-down/

Note that...

"SIG SAUER, Inc. operations in the U.S. will continue business as usual. The U.S. based division, headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, has over 2,300 employees throughout 9 facilities in New Hampshire, Arkansas and Oregon where the company designs and manufactures firearms, ammunition, optics, suppressors and air guns. Further, in New Hampshire, the company operates one of the most advanced training facilities in the world, SIG SAUER Academy."

Best regards,

Bob
This might help.... : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer

·
Registered
45 Posts
Actually....
C'mon to Arkansas, our Governor goes to SHOT show every year to drum up business for us!!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I know it’s off the subject, but I recently learned that Barretta is the oldest manufacturer in the world that is still in operation today. I believe what I read said that it started sometime in the 1500’s. I’m sure they have weathered every kind of economic downturn there is.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I thought Sig Sauer was originally a Swiss company that eventually combined with a German company, and they fairly recently built some plants in the US (headquartered in New Hampshire). I definitely could have that confused somehow? But now the German company has gone belly up, the Swiss part of the company is still hanging on somewhat, and, perhaps by default, it's basically an American company now? I'm corn-fused?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,720 Posts
I thought Sig Sauer was originally a Swiss company that eventually combined with a German company, and they fairly recently built some plants in the US (headquartered in New Hampshire). I definitely could have that confused somehow? But now the German company has gone belly up, the Swiss part of the company is still hanging on somewhat, and, perhaps by default, it's basically an American company now? I'm corn-fused?
You got it!

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
We got the news today, that Fiocchi is coming to Little Rock and building an ammo plant!! Thanks to Governor Asa Hutchinson's hard work courting them!
You’re in Hazen..? I used to live in Lonoke County, not far from there. Live further north, inside the Jim Kress WMA now. Welcome, fellow Arkie. :)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Let’s hope these terrorists/protesters avoid setting fire to ammo plants. I’ve never been to one, but I would guess they require a lot more security than other businesses.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts