Sig Sauer Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Blog Forum' started by djg1965, Jul 26, 2020.

1. djg1965

djg1965 Active Member

So I just saw that Sig has filed for bankruptcy in Germany. I wonder if this changes any in the USA. Probably not?

2. djg1965

djg1965 Active Member

Boy do I feel stupid. That happened last year!

3. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

For those interested...

BREAKING: SIG Sauer Germany Closes Down
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/06/05/breaking-sig-sauer-germany-closes-down/

Note that...

"SIG SAUER, Inc. operations in the U.S. will continue business as usual. The U.S. based division, headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, has over 2,300 employees throughout 9 facilities in New Hampshire, Arkansas and Oregon where the company designs and manufactures firearms, ammunition, optics, suppressors and air guns. Further, in New Hampshire, the company operates one of the most advanced training facilities in the world, SIG SAUER Academy."

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  4. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

Sig in NH is right by New England Dragway. Unfortunately, the Summernationals aren't coming to the Northeast, but last I saw Sigs sign was still there.

SJ 40 likes this.
  5. Glockfinger

Glockfinger Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

No more German made Sigs . well theres still HK

6. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Chicago
  7. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd forgotten that Sig ammo is made here in Arkansas. Might be great stuff, but don't think I've ever used any of it.

Southlake and Defendandprotect32 like this.
  8. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    I used sig 10mm with no issue.had a buddy buy 500 rds of 380 and his gun choked on it.I had to give him a I told you so.I never buy a specific brand of ammo in bulk for a new gun,yet alone for a 380.I learned the hard way.

Glockfinger likes this.
  9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Actually....
    I believe part of Sigs abandoning of Germany was over hostile treatment by the government launching never ending probes into violations of German/Euro export rules.
    Top execs have had charges filed against them.
    HK has had the same thing happen. HK has also seen a surge in operations and manufacturing transferred to the United States.
    If the Germans are smart they might see the regulations and red tape are driving out their gun industry. But maybe that’s the goal anyway.

10. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

They can all move to Texas.

Danzig likes this.
  11. Danzig

Texas
    ...and be welcomed with arms wide!

Southlake likes this.
  12. SJ 40

SJ 40 Active Member

If you ever get a chance to take a class or attend a match there, jump at the chance.
    It's a world class shooting venue in a huge property and beautiful setting.

mattm likes this.
  13. calista

calista New Member

This might help.... : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer

14. C'mon to Arkansas, our Governor goes to SHOT show every year to drum up business for us!!

15. We got the news today, that Fiocchi is coming to Little Rock and building an ammo plant!! Thanks to Governor Asa Hutchinson's hard work courting them!

16. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I know it’s off the subject, but I recently learned that Barretta is the oldest manufacturer in the world that is still in operation today. I believe what I read said that it started sometime in the 1500’s. I’m sure they have weathered every kind of economic downturn there is.

Richard Davis likes this.
  17. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Well-Known Member

I thought Sig Sauer was originally a Swiss company that eventually combined with a German company, and they fairly recently built some plants in the US (headquartered in New Hampshire). I definitely could have that confused somehow? But now the German company has gone belly up, the Swiss part of the company is still hanging on somewhat, and, perhaps by default, it's basically an American company now? I'm corn-fused?

Southlake, Bayou and Danzig like this.
  18. Danzig

Texas
    You got it!

Bayou, Richard Davis and SJ 40 like this.
  19. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

You’re in Hazen..? I used to live in Lonoke County, not far from there. Live further north, inside the Jim Kress WMA now. Welcome, fellow Arkie. :)

20. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Let’s hope these terrorists/protesters avoid setting fire to ammo plants. I’ve never been to one, but I would guess they require a lot more security than other businesses.

SJ 40 and Richard Davis like this.