Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the new Sig P290RS to the range.

The Sig P290RS has re-strike (RS) capability. This is an improvement over the original non-RS version for the issues with light primers.

Well, it feels good in the hand, well balanced and shoots great. It's very accurate, although I am still adjusting to the trigger pull.
The trigger pull is long but smooth. It feels longer when dry-firing, but at the time of shooting it doesn't feel that long.

I shot a total of 175 rounds without a single issue.
- 100 rounds of WWB 115gr.
- 50 rounds of UMC 115gr.
- 25 rounds of Gold Dot 124gr. +P.

Recoil is not bad at all. It's easy to stay on target. Very controllable, even with the six rounds magazine.

It is good for deep IWB concealment and pocket carry. The rubber grips help when shooting, but I feel they are a bit uncomfortable when IWB against the skin. I will definitely change them for the wood or metal grips once they become available in December.

I haven't carried it that much yet, but it feels smaller than my Glock 26. Actually, the slide is almost an inch shorter. And don't forget it has a single stack magazine.

I'll show some pictures next comparing the two guns.

I need to shoot another 200 rounds or so before making it a carry gun. But so far, so good.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It came in a nice plastic box with a paddle holster, three magazines (6 rounds flush, 6 rounds pinky and 8 rounds), and extra floor plate for the magazine and manual.

Here is a pic of the holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
j102 said:
The rubber grips help when shooting, but I feel they are a bit uncomfortable when IWB against the skin. I will definitely change them for the wood or metal grips once they become available in December.
I
I worked the grips with a fine sandpaper and made them real smooth.
They feel great now!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks great. I like that it comes with 3 mags. Trigger pull sounds like a Kahr. Smooth but long. How many lbs. of pull?

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blackmagic02 said:
Looks great. I like that it comes with 3 mags. Trigger pull sounds like a Kahr. Smooth but long. How many lbs. of pull?
Sig said on their website that the trigger pull is about 9 lbs.
To be honest I shot it today again and it does feel like 9 lbs. I wasn't that accurate today. I guess I am pulling the trigger too hard. Still getting used to it.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One more thing: Sig says they are coming with two mags. Mine came with three, don't know why.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Very nice, I'm going to have to give that a look.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
j102 said:
Sig said on their website that the trigger pull is about 9 lbs.
To be honest I shot it today again and it does feel like 9 lbs. I wasn't that accurate today. I guess I am pulling the trigger too hard. Still getting used to it.
I am having second thoughts about this gun.
Very reliable but a "bad" trigger. Too long.

I shot it again today next to my G26; big difference!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I am having second thoughts about this gun.
Very reliable but a "bad" trigger. Too long.

I shot it again today next to my G26; big difference!
Sounds like the same as LC9 and PM40. I don't really have a problem with it but I also have a lot of wheel gun experience. Having said that, the reason I got interested in the Shield and Nano was because the trigger pull is more like a large auto. The Shield feels exactly like it's big brother in the M&P series which is about 6.6 lbs. Your Sig looks like a great gun. I noticed one at my local range the other day. With more practice I'm sure that trigger will become second nature to you. Not to mention when you shoot your G26 you'll really be firing off the rounds.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blackmagic02 said:
Sounds like the same as LC9 and PM40. I don't really have a problem with it but I also have a lot of wheel gun experience. Having said that, the reason I got interested in the Shield and Nano was because the trigger pull is more like a large auto. The Shield feels exactly like it's big brother in the M&P series which is about 6.6 lbs. Your Sig looks like a great gun. I noticed one at my local range the other day. With more practice I'm sure that trigger will become second nature to you. Not to mention when you shoot your G26 you'll really be firing off the rounds.
I hope you are right. I hope it becomes second nature with more practice.
I guess I need to shoot it without taking my Glocks to the range the same day to compare.

Man! I can't wait for Glock to make a similar size gun!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's the felt recoil like on the P290RS? I have a Ruger LCP that is just not fun to practice with at all. I also have a Glock 26 and M&P Shield 9mm, so if you could compare the recoil to any of these guns, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kriz said:
What's the felt recoil like on the P290RS? I have a Ruger LCP that is just not fun to practice with at all. I also have a Glock 26 and M&P Shield 9mm, so if you could compare the recoil to any of these guns, I would appreciate it.
Sorry man! I just saw your post.
The recoil is a little bit more than the G26, but not by much.
It weights 20 pounds.

I sold it because I got tired of the long trigger pull...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts