Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my search for a pocket 9mm, I just found the Sig P290.
How does it compares to the Kahr CM9 and the Beretta Nano?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did. It looks nice, however I think is a little big for pocket carry.
The P290 I think is better for that purpose.

·
771 Posts
Check out the Ruger LC9

You might also want to check out the Ruger LC9...I have one and absolutely love it...Not crazy about the trigger, but after 100 rounds or so down range, I can effectively execute quick double and triple taps right where I want them to go...Plus, fits in my pocket of regular shorts just fine...Price is right, too...Got mine for $350...Plus, it is Ruger reliable.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
capitalcityglock said:
You might also want to check out the Ruger LC9...I have one and absolutely love it...Not crazy about the trigger, but after 100 rounds or so down range, I can effectively execute quick double and triple taps right where I want them to go...Plus, fits in my pocket of regular shorts just fine...Price is right, too...Got mine for $350...Plus, it is Ruger reliable.
I think the LC9 is a little bit bigger than the P290.
I looked at the LCP because of its size, but I wan't sure about the .380acp.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
If they made the equivalent of the p290 in 40cal I would be all over it, being 9mm I'd rather just carry a keltec P3AT with +p ammo.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did some more research on the P290. God willing, I'm ordering one tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bhale187 said:
If they made the equivalent of the p290 in 40cal I would be all over it.
You never know. They might make one in 40cal.
Although, the new trend of the majority of these "pocket" guns has been in 9mm.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the P290 today!
I'll write a report tomorrow once I take it to the range.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any update on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

Hi there!

I wrote a report (a different thread) when I got it back in 2012.
Very nice gun, compact, reliable and with a nice finish. The Nitron finish is strong.
My only issue with it was that I wasn't very accurate because of the heavy trigger.
I guess practice would take care of that. But I ended up selling it.
I regret it now.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I'm still torn between getting a P290 or waiting to see if sig comes out with the 40cal or if Glock makes a 40cal in the G42 size. I've handled the P290 and I am very impressed with it. I may just go ahead and get the P290 and if something else grabs my fancy later I will switch over later.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I'm still torn between getting a P290 or waiting to see if sig comes out with the 40cal or if Glock makes a 40cal in the G42 size. I've handled the P290 and I am very impressed with it. I may just go ahead and get the P290 and if something else grabs my fancy later I will switch over later.
Quit waiting and get a S&W Shield. Unlike Glock S&W does make a nice single stack 9/40. And I will pound that message home until they get off their a** and make one. I waited 5 years for Glock to **** or get off the pot. They didn't think our wants or opinion mattered so I spent my money with someone who did listen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I owned a P290RS for about 3 weeks. HATED the trigger. HATED. And I'm the sort of guy that doesn't mind the LCP trigger, if that tells you anything. Sig makes nice guns but the P290 isn't one of them IMO.

It's also close to the same size and weight as the G26, only in single stack and with less ammo capacity.

And not pocketable.

I think the G26 is the finest conceal carry firearm on the market, period stop. But if you absolutely have to have a single stack because that .25 inches in added width is a show stopper despite the extra ammo capacity, then look at a Shield.

My solution was a Glock 42 to carry on days when I can't carry my G26. I can pocket carry it when needed or carry holstered. I don't personally think the trade offs for the Shield makes sense, but that's just my opinion. I think something pocketable as a BUG or alternative carry option makes more sense.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
I had the p290 for about a month before I sold it. I wanted the p238 and my dad thought he knew what was best and got me the p290. Like others have said the trigger was very heavy. Go try it before you buy it....

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I've had one for a year. Little tack driver out to 7-8 yards.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts