Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By one have any experience with it. Im looking for a 22 Lr to take to the range and my LGS has a used one for a good deal? It's not for SD or HD. Just a shooter.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
A buddy bought one, loaned it to me for breaking in. I'm taking it to the range tomorrow to put it through the paces with a variety of ammos to see what it likes. One thing I noticed already is that I'd hate to pay for spare mags on one at $40 a pop.

I'll report back tomorrow.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I recently looked at the mosquito because i liked the feel of it in my hand but everybody I talked too and everything I read about it said it was finicky with ammo. Whole point of me buying it was something easy and fun to shoot so I went with the ruger SR22. Cheaper and comes with 2 mags. Only had the ruger on the range once, but 500 rounds through it without a problem.

·
Registered
285 Posts
runman said:
I recently looked at the mosquito because i liked the feel of it in my hand but everybody I talked too and everything I read about it said it was finicky with ammo. Whole point of me buying it was something easy and fun to shoot so I went with the ruger SR22. Cheaper and comes with 2 mags. Only had the ruger on the range once, but 500 rounds through it without a problem.
Yup that's what I've been recommending to everyone on the forum when they ask about a .22 that pistol is awesome!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Personally, I would go with the Ruger SR22 if I were to do it over again. Or I should have bought what I wanted...a Ruger Single Six. But my wife really wanted a pink gun. :) It is fun to shoot and pretty accurate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have one that i feed a steady diet of cci blazer 22 ammo (not from the bulk pack) works great i also use it with assorted sub sonic ammo with the yankee hill mite on the end.. doesn't always cycle like that but it does exactly what i want it to do... :)

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I have a Mosquito that I like. I traded in a Walther P22 in for it. I enjoy shooting it and haven't had a problem with CCI mini-mags. I have been told that after running a few hundred CCI's through it, it will eat anything you like.

I do not like the magazine prices!

A lot of people like the M&P22. I haven't been able to use a Ruger SR22 yet.

·
18,120 Posts
Love those things!

Now, if you want to practice for competitions or firing the larger calibers, then the mechanics are different. I was looking for a pistol with a full slide, so I could rack it, clear jams, etc while I practiced and saved money over 9mm. That is how I ended up with a walther p22 then a sig mosquito.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Hello my friends, I suggest a Ruger 22/45

View attachment 9996
I loved my Ruger, but it was such a PAIT to reassemble that I just gave up on it last year and sold it. Great shooter, super accurate, ate everything I fed it, tons of fun, but a pain to clean it.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I shoot 100 rds of Remington Thunderbolt through my buddy's mosquito today, and no problems at all. I was running 10 yard head shots in fairly rapid fire without and problems. I ran out of time before I could try any other ammos, try pinpoint accuracy, or really stretch it's legs, but so far I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It seems to be hit and miss with it. I know it's going to jam a few times. It's a 22. But it seems like it runs pretty good with good ammo. What do y'all think. I found a used one for around 250. Would you buy it

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
It seems to be hit and miss with it. I know it's going to jam a few times. It's a 22. But it seems like it runs pretty good with good ammo. What do y'all think. I found a used one for around 250. Would you buy it
absolutely

·
18,120 Posts
Yup! worth it. Go get it, if you don't like it, I bet you can get your money back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.