Siderlock triggers

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by wayycull, Jan 25, 2012.

1. wayycull

wayycull New Member

Anybody have experience w them? Want to add them to my .40, 9mm and my zombie killer 10mm.

2. wayycull

wayycull New Member

Update... Love the siderlock..should be standard on them! I know that will tick alot of u off... I will preference that by saying...I only carry w safe off in a holster. Feel more than confident in carrying w one in the chamber in a holster. That being said. Feel more confident to keep one chambered when it's not in one...such as on the night stand or by my side (no kids of course). It's become a habit to put it on after it comes out of the holster..and off before it goes in.

3. It should not be standard. Glocks are for people who keep their fingers off the trigger.

4. Greatest movie of all time.

5. wayycull

wayycull New Member

Norway. Gives u more options. Doesn't stop u from doing the same thing u already do. But gives u more carry options. Don't knock it till u try it.

6. I have tried a Glock with one, and again I say it is pointless.

7. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Good for ya, whatever makes you more confident and comfortable carrying, I say go for and don't worry what other people think.

8. Wormy

Wormy New Member

I think they are great for the Glocks. Especially if you like to keep one chambered!

9. wayycull

wayycull New Member

It is! Glock is great for point and shoot. Never keep it on in holster. But sittn on the nightstand or under the pillow it's def more secure. Last thing u need to do is reach for a loaded Glock in the dark. Before siderlock I just wouldn't leave one chambered...now it adds more versatility to a point and shoot...hell it's nothing to disengage its rite there.

10. Why would you be searching for the Glock, dont you know exactly where it is and in what position? And if not, why are you feeling around in a way the makes it even possible to apply several pounds to the trigger? Hell why are you feeling around in a way that even allows contact with the trigger?

Also regardless you should never have a handgun for home defense that is not chambered when sleeping. The last thing you want in a night defense scenario is to announce your location and that you are armed by racking a round.

The simple fact is that you cannot discharge from a Glock without pulling the trigger. So either you discharge intentionally, or you have a finger on a trigger before ready to fire in which case you (speaking in genrral) dont need any gun.

There is no need for any safety to be added to a Glock. If you need one, you arent ready for a Glock.

11. Maybe you should've gotten something with several external safeties if you're not comfortable with how safe Glocks actually are.:cool:

12. Agree 100%.

13. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Thats what i tell people when they ask, where is the safety :D ...what he says in the movie i mean.

14. wayycull

wayycull New Member

U use urs the way u want and I'll use mine the way I see fit. U talk to melike I'm an new user. I've owned 7 glock's over 19 yrs. this ant my first rodeo boys...it's all about personal preference. U have no business "telling me how it is". It makes a great pistol even better and more versitol for me. I'm speaking to fellow fans...not people who choose to critic me for not doing things their way.

15. If you dont want to hear peoples opinions then maybe a public forum isnt for you.

16. You first asked if anyone had experience. One user stated he did and didnt like it. I didnt state it but I've handled one with, so my comments WERE based on that.

17. If you ask for opinions you are going to get them. If you dont like them then next time dont ask. Nobody called you a noob or anything else. Do whatever you want with your gun but again if u ask for opinions your gonna get them.

18. wayycull

wayycull New Member

Asked for product options not judgment. U try to make me out to be a dumb ass...