Siderlock trigger safety

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by Crustybuffalo, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Crustybuffalo

Crustybuffalo New Member

Has anyone tried out the siderlock system?

2. Cowboy08

Cowboy08 New Member

I have one. At first I really loved it, but it has caused an issue. It has a sweet spot that, when firing, will fire multiple shots w/o warning. I know a lot of people will LOVE that out of the sheer factor of being able to dump a mag in a blink. But, I cannot afford such a liability.
    I think the safety aspect of it, in theory, is excellent. Nobody really could figure out why, when I let them shoot mine, the trigger was locked. Would buy you a few seconds in a gun-grab. Plus, reduces the risk of an AD if you get the trigger snagged reholstering it in a holster, such as an IWB.
    Just my .02 here....

3. metalriot

metalriot New Member

It goes full auto??

4. NO!!!, it does some sort of unpredictable jacked up crap that is a huge liability and poses a grave danger to the operator and anyone around him.

5. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

To my way of thinking, a trigger safety is a device that is used when you're carrying a loaded gun in your hands without intending to immediately shoot it. Think: about 99.9% of long-gun hunting. A traditional manual safety *on* the trigger seems like an extraordinarily bad idea. Touching the trigger for *any* reason before actually intending to fire is a huge no-no in my book.

From what I understand about the stress of armed combat, fine motor skills are the first things to go. There's an easy way to simulate this loss of control: Stick your hands in a bucket of ice water for a couple minutes until they are good and numb, then try to run your gun. Obviously, do it safely - unloaded or with snap caps - but give it a shot. Having to manipulate the trigger on a loaded weapon to render it usable, under stress with your fine motor skills shot to hell, seems like a recipe for disaster.

With that said, on a dedicated range gun, or in some special-use scenarios, I can see this being useful. Unless it does actually cause it to AD in full-auto as the past few commentators have mentioned...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  6. Cowboy08

Cowboy08 New Member

It equates to bump-fire, guys. The propensity for the auto trip is from years of trigger reset with a stock trigger. When I really, REALLY applied the reset was when it would do it.
    I absolutely hate having to remove it but it does pose a potential liability that is unacceptable for me and my department.

7. Simplejack

Simplejack New Member

What? I don't understand what you are trying to say..

8. Cowboy08

Cowboy08 New Member

It's 4 months later and I just saw this.
    In simple terms, when I fired a round and used trigger reset my Glock would fire multiple rounds without me physically pulling the trigger back again. Hence, the bump-fire. It usually was 4 rounds at a time. However, at least 3 times it emptied a 15-rounder in the time it took me to think, "Oh, sh.."!
    I put a factory trigger back in immediately afterwards and have had 0 problems since.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  9. rijodo

rijodo New Member

I had a SiderLock installed by a certified Glock Armorer. At the range today when pulling the trigger one time it would fire two shots before I could release the trigger to reset. I am not sure what the problem is but it is definitely a huge problem and liability. I will have the gun inspected by the same armorer to see if the problem can be resolved. Until then this gun goes in the gun safe and not to be used.