Glock Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I was doing some research (aka slacking off at work) and came across the Siderlock manual safety which replaces an existing trigger on a glock and adds an external safety. After asking around I dont know anyone who has used this mod or come across it and was wondering if anyone had any reviews, feedback, personal experiences or anything stimulating to say about this part. Apparently it maintains factory specs on the trigger. Was just curious not claiming for, or against just simply on a quest for knowledge. Help is much appreciated. Hope everyone enjoys there weekend.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I've seen them. I shoot Glocks because all I have to do is keep my finger off the trigger. seems like putting a safety on a DA revolver. to each his own you can't be too safe! JMHO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize this goes against what makes a glock a glock. The best safety is training and knowledge. Thanks for all the help!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Get ready for a lot of folks who will "hate" on the product just based on the concept... ;)

I had/have one. It WAS installed on my G23 Gen3. This was my first Glock and coming from a "1911 style" world, I was used to a manual safety. I was also brainwashed by the "GLock sucks and aren't safe" crowd so I figured it wasn't too bad to have one. So this G23 G3 I got came with it and I left it on.

For those who want that extra safety, it's easy to engage and disengage. Squeeze the trigger hard enough and you can still overcome the "lock". I used to practice this. I traded in the Gen3 and bought a Gen 4. The shop that took the trade didn't want the sliderlock so I took it off. Frankly, after 2 days of having it on (the safety switch), I left it off (the safety switch). I researched the Glock trigger and "Saw the light", as it were, and kept my "nose-gold miner" off the trigger.

I'm ok with the pistol NOT going bang on its own so I've left the trigger off (not installed) my gen 4. IT's actually sitting under a barstool in my house. It fell off the counter and i haven't gotten around to picking it up yet.

Personally, for those that need the extra psychological help making the jump to a Safe Action trigger, the sliderlock is a good thing. Is it needed? No. Does it help, for some, it will help ease the transition. It's mostly a psychological aid.

HTH
D

·
367 Posts
Wifey carried a Sigma for 2 years but the lighter trigger on her G26 left her uncomfortable with one in the chamber to the point that she was not putting one in the pipe. I showed her the Siderlock videos on YouTube and she liked the idea. I put one on her G26 and one on my G30. They work as advertised. Very easy to use and add no time to the draw. Practice is needed to make it automatic to you, like any thumb safety. It actually makes for a better reset as a side bonus. You don't have to use it if you don't want or in about 10 minutes you can change it back to stock. HINT... When you drive the pin out of the stock trigger tap lightly and you will see the other side "dimple". Take a razor knife and cut the dimple so you won't take a chunk out of the original. I learned that after the first one. I like them. They don't call it "Glock Leg" for no reason. I'll get flamed for this comment but I know I have had a CCW and been carrying since the mid 70"s, longer than most of the flamers have been alive. It's your pistol, do what makes you comfortable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZO6Vettever said:
Wifey carried a Sigma for 2 years but the lighter trigger on her G26 left her uncomfortable with one in the chamber to the point that she was not putting one in the pipe. I showed her the Siderlock videos on YouTube and she liked the idea. I put one on her G26 and one on my G30. They work as advertised. Very easy to use and add no time to the draw. Practice is needed to make it automatic to you, like any thumb safety. It actually makes for a better reset as a side bonus. You don't have to use it if you don't want or in about 10 minutes you can change it back to stock. HINT... When you drive the pin out of the stock trigger tap lightly and you will see the other side "dimple". Take a razor knife and cut the dimple so you won't take a chunk out of the original. I learned that after the first one. I like them. They don't call it "Glock Leg" for no reason. I'll get flamed for this comment but I know I have had a CCW and been carrying since the mid 70"s, longer than most of the flamers have been alive. It's your pistol, do what makes you comfortable.
That's for all the great feed back guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts