Glock Firearms banner
3561 - 3580 of 3617 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
I found the answer. The sheath, lol!

The difference between the BK2 and BK22 is the sheath. The BK22 is the same knife but outfitted with a polyester sheath which does have a velcro pocket to put either a small stone or a Firestarter (flint and steel) which is what I do. ... I do like the BK22 sheath as it can be easiliy attached to a molle pack.
Gesture Auto part Font Tool Metal

The grip scales also look different.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I found the answer. The sheath, lol!

The difference between the BK2 and BK22 is the sheath. The BK22 is the same knife but outfitted with a polyester sheath which does have a velcro pocket to put either a small stone or a Firestarter (flint and steel) which is what I do. ... I do like the BK22 sheath as it can be easiliy attached to a molle pack.
Yes, that is all.

·
Super Moderator
74,607 Posts
Wow! This thread as been going since 2012! I wonder if anyone can offer a starting place for me. My Texas LTC carry pistol is a Glock 19 (for about ten years) with Cominolli thumb safety and Truglo combo tritium/fiberoptic sights plus Talon grip material. I would like to have a weapon to carry places where concealed handguns are prohibited. And ideally that would be a weapon that can be retrieved and deployed with one hand...and switchblade (or I guess the more PC term "automatic") knife comes to mind.

OK long intro. Can anyone suggest a Glock-grade automatic knife brand? By Glock grade, I of course mean ultra reliable and reasonably priced. I believe the law in Texas allows automatic knives under 5.5 inches, with the usual statutory limitations. Thanks in advance for brands or stores you've been happy with.
I would suggest the Karambit. I love mine but it does take practice using one. I would suggest also buying the trainer to practice with if you decide to go with one.

Brown Colorfulness Silver Beige Event
Bicycle part Tool Metal Fashion accessory Tail
Tool Knife Hunting knife Blade Everyday carry

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,995 Posts
Wow! This thread as been going since 2012! I wonder if anyone can offer a starting place for me. My Texas LTC carry pistol is a Glock 19 (for about ten years) with Cominolli thumb safety and Truglo combo tritium/fiberoptic sights plus Talon grip material. I would like to have a weapon to carry places where concealed handguns are prohibited. And ideally that would be a weapon that can be retrieved and deployed with one hand...and switchblade (or I guess the more PC term "automatic") knife comes to mind.

OK long intro. Can anyone suggest a Glock-grade automatic knife brand? By Glock grade, I of course mean ultra reliable and reasonably priced. I believe the law in Texas allows automatic knives under 5.5 inches, with the usual statutory limitations. Thanks in advance for brands or stores you've been happy with.
I bought a Kershaw Launch 1, years ago. Very happy with it! American made. Great price point and quality. I’ve seen some models go for as little as $50 on sale. The latest version I’ve been pining for but it’s running around $150 if you can find it.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have loved knives since I was a kid. My Papaw gave me my first, a Tree Brand, around '68. Loved old school knives ever since. I don't have any that I won't carry, but I've never wanted a "collection," so to speak. These are my favorite Bucks, and I rotate through them and carry them at work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A few butterflies

The top one I got in the Philippines; I smuggled it back on board the ship by putting it into a hollowed out sandwich bun. The Benchmades I bought back when they were cheap. The Bradley I carried in Afghanistan, and then had to disassemble it and ship it back in pieces because they were restricting things we could take home.

3561 - 3580 of 3617 Posts