Glock Firearms banner

3561 - 3580 of 3609 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
I found the answer. The sheath, lol!

The difference between the BK2 and BK22 is the sheath. The BK22 is the same knife but outfitted with a polyester sheath which does have a velcro pocket to put either a small stone or a Firestarter (flint and steel) which is what I do. ... I do like the BK22 sheath as it can be easiliy attached to a molle pack.
IMG_1609984789.385245.jpg

The grip scales also look different.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
I found the answer. The sheath, lol!

The difference between the BK2 and BK22 is the sheath. The BK22 is the same knife but outfitted with a polyester sheath which does have a velcro pocket to put either a small stone or a Firestarter (flint and steel) which is what I do. ... I do like the BK22 sheath as it can be easiliy attached to a molle pack.
Yes, that is all.

·
Super Moderator
73,315 Posts
Wow! This thread as been going since 2012! I wonder if anyone can offer a starting place for me. My Texas LTC carry pistol is a Glock 19 (for about ten years) with Cominolli thumb safety and Truglo combo tritium/fiberoptic sights plus Talon grip material. I would like to have a weapon to carry places where concealed handguns are prohibited. And ideally that would be a weapon that can be retrieved and deployed with one hand...and switchblade (or I guess the more PC term "automatic") knife comes to mind.

OK long intro. Can anyone suggest a Glock-grade automatic knife brand? By Glock grade, I of course mean ultra reliable and reasonably priced. I believe the law in Texas allows automatic knives under 5.5 inches, with the usual statutory limitations. Thanks in advance for brands or stores you've been happy with.
I would suggest the Karambit. I love mine but it does take practice using one. I would suggest also buying the trainer to practice with if you decide to go with one.

WIN_20200221_09_24_22_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200221_09_24_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200221_09_33_33_Pro.jpg

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Wow! This thread as been going since 2012! I wonder if anyone can offer a starting place for me. My Texas LTC carry pistol is a Glock 19 (for about ten years) with Cominolli thumb safety and Truglo combo tritium/fiberoptic sights plus Talon grip material. I would like to have a weapon to carry places where concealed handguns are prohibited. And ideally that would be a weapon that can be retrieved and deployed with one hand...and switchblade (or I guess the more PC term "automatic") knife comes to mind.

OK long intro. Can anyone suggest a Glock-grade automatic knife brand? By Glock grade, I of course mean ultra reliable and reasonably priced. I believe the law in Texas allows automatic knives under 5.5 inches, with the usual statutory limitations. Thanks in advance for brands or stores you've been happy with.
I bought a Kershaw Launch 1, years ago. Very happy with it! American made. Great price point and quality. I’ve seen some models go for as little as $50 on sale. The latest version I’ve been pining for but it’s running around $150 if you can find it.

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have loved knives since I was a kid. My Papaw gave me my first, a Tree Brand, around '68. Loved old school knives ever since. I don't have any that I won't carry, but I've never wanted a "collection," so to speak. These are my favorite Bucks, and I rotate through them and carry them at work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A few butterflies

The top one I got in the Philippines; I smuggled it back on board the ship by putting it into a hollowed out sandwich bun. The Benchmades I bought back when they were cheap. The Bradley I carried in Afghanistan, and then had to disassemble it and ship it back in pieces because they were restricting things we could take home.

3561 - 3580 of 3609 Posts