Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the shoulder holsters for my Colt and S&W revolvers that I just got back from my local leather worker. I was wearing my riding jacket to make sure they fit over it.
The first three shots are my 1917 Colt and the next three are of my S&W model 10. The Colt holster is an old police issued belt model that I had converted to shoulder carry. The S&W holster is an old M7 1911 model that needed some repairs and a new strap so I had it modified for my S&W. They'll be even better once the leather gets used and forms a bit.
The Colt ammo pouch holds 20 rounds in 2 round clips that I like to use so with those and 4 rounds in the revolver I'll have 24 rounds of 45acp. I have another speed-loader pouch for the S&W so with 5 rounds in it and 4 speed-loaders I'll have 29 rounds of 38sp plus I can carry one loose round in a speed-loader pouch to give me an even 30 rounds.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............
Outerwear Military camouflage Helmet Camouflage Military uniform Sleeve Automotive tire Musical instrument Thigh Electric blue Sleeve Jersey Gesture Grey Waist Outerwear Sleeve Waist Thigh Street fashion Sleeve Waist Helmet Thigh Automotive tire Hand Arm Helmet Human body Sleeve Bullet Ammunition Wood Idiophone Camera lens

·
Premium Member
13,750 Posts
Here are the shoulder holsters for my Colt and S&W revolvers that I just got back from my local leather worker. I was wearing my riding jacket to make sure they fit over it.
The first three shots are my 1917 Colt and the next three are of my S&W model 10. The Colt holster is an old police issued belt model that I had converted to shoulder carry. The S&W holster is an old M7 1911 model that needed some repairs and a new strap so I had it modified for my S&W. They'll be even better once the leather gets used and forms a bit.
The Colt ammo pouch holds 20 rounds in those 2 round clips I like so with those and 4 rounds in the revolver I'll have 24 rounds of 45acp. I have another speed-loader pouch for the S&W so with 5 rounds in it and 4 speed-loaders I'll have 29 rounds of 38sp plus I can carry one loose round in a speed-loader pouch to give me an even 30 rounds.
View attachment 257725 View attachment 257726 View attachment 257727 View attachment 257728 View attachment 257729 View attachment 257730 View attachment 257731
I love shoulder rigs for some reason. Very nice!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love shoulder rigs for some reason. Very nice!!
Thankee. I've always hated having a bunch of weight hanging off my hips, the Brothers in the Corps said it was because I had no a$$, :) and I like to wear bib overalls because they're comfy but bunch up and are irritating wearing a belt rig.
Plus I ride a lot and wearing a belt and holster over motorcycle riding gear is rather impractical so in the long run shoulder rigs just work better for me.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
A good way to repurpose those thousands of old police revolver holsters that don’t get love anymore.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A good way to repurpose those thousands of old police revolver holsters that don’t get love anymore.
I originally bought it for the 38 but then realized that it was actually for a big frame revolver and fit the Colt perfectly.
Built to last with heavy duty stitching and great old leather, soft and supple.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
My kydex,I had my local maker make for me as kydex is so much lighter and less bulky than either leather or nylon.
I did have him do it in nice rich leather texture kydex and I absolutely love it.

Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory Auto part

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
Thankee. I've always hated having a bunch of weight hanging off my hips, the Brothers in the Corps said it was because I had no a$$, :) and I like to wear bib overalls because they're comfy but bunch up and are irritating wearing a belt rig.
Plus I ride a lot and wearing a belt and holster over motorcycle riding gear is rather impractical so in the long run shoulder rigs just work better for me.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........
One of the reasons you’re seeing the new generation of cops wearing load bearing vests that carry all the gear is it distributes the weight off your hips and should be easier on your back. In addition to it being a convenient way to wear body armor as well.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
My kydex,I had my local maker make for me as kydex is so much lighter and less bulky than either leather or nylon.
I did have him do it in nice rich leather texture kydex and I absolutely love it.

View attachment 257751
I fell in love with that “leather” look Kydex the first time I saw it.
I think it’s called Raptor.
I had my P80 build holster done in it.
Bag Sleeve Luggage and bags Grey Material property

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I fell in love with that “leather” look Kydex the first time I saw it.
I think it’s called Raptor.
I had my P80 build holster done in it.
View attachment 257776
Danzig thanks I couldn't remember the name of the kydex but you nailed it, because I've got to have Jim turn out the same only this time for my Hellcat RDP. As I find it's the only thing I carry anymore since I got it,I haven't carried a Glock or P 80 in months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts