Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a right-hand horizontal shoulder holster for my G19 Gen5 MOS & Vortex Venom. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Welcome
I have a local holster maker that I use for all my holsters, if interested I can provide his contact information, below is a sample of work he has done for me.

The horizontal rig is for P 80's and attaches to a Survival Systems shoulder holster rig, he put a thumb snap on it but I have found it's not needed as he fits them perfect, kind of like for those who wear suspenders and a belt.

Attachments

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, I think it's a good one. Shoulder holsters are only minimally popular so there's not enough demand for them to be made for a wide range of guns and configurations. I have some physical challenges and it's the only carry method I've found that works for me. I've been using a Federal shoulder holster I purchased on Amazon for about $33. It's usable but won't accommodate a red dot. It's time I found a good one though. I prefer Kydex to nylon for the actual holster anyway.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, I think it's a good one. Shoulder holsters are only minimally popular so there's not enough demand for them to be made for a wide range of guns and configurations. I have some physical challenges and it's the only carry method I've found that works for me. I've been using a Federal shoulder holster I purchased on Amazon for about $33. It's usable but won't accommodate a red dot. It's time I found a good one though. I prefer Kydex to nylon for the actual holster anyway.
I understand that's what I did with the Kydex holster, it replaced the SS bulky nylon holster ,because of the retention device it uses, the kydex is thin and light weight.the harness I use it on was the SS progenitor Assault Systems.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
235 Posts
I talked to Galco about this and they said that it will eventually be coming, but not now. They have it for one or two guns but not yet for the G19, but it is one that will be coming.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to Galco about this and they said that it will eventually be coming, but not now. They have it for one or two guns but not yet for the G19, but it is one that will be coming.
This illustrates my point. Just not enough demand.

There's plenty of companies making "tactical" gear for the militia-minded because that's where the money is. I don't see anyone actively engaging those with disabilities to develop carry methods suitable for them. I get it. There's just not enough money in it. The cost to develop and make a low-volume product of any sort makes the cost to manufacture high and drives the retail price up. Many with significant physical challenges want to be able to defend themselves and their loved ones just as those more able-bodied do. IWB, OWB, Cross draw, Appendix carry, etc. all require one carry around the waist. If one is not able to do that the viable options get slim, as does the support for them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a couple of the Galco Miami Classic shoulder rigs and really like them. One fits a G17 or G19. It's all leather and I'll have to take a look to see if a little trimming would fit my G19 MOS with a RMR. Not sure I want to cut it but, I'm curious to take a look.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a couple of the Galco Miami Classic shoulder rigs and really like them. One fits a G17 or G19. It's all leather and I'll have to take a look to see if a little trimming would fit my G19 MOS with a RMR. Not sure I want to cut it but, I'm curious to take a look.
I've looked at those and it appears it will be close. It's hard to see from available pics, but there appears to be a little room. I just can't tell if it's enough. Don't go cutting on your holster on my account!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting. I just wrote Galco about the exact same thing today (9 June 2021) and got told what you did. That's two of us so far, at least. Maybe something will happen eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts