Should the Models be split?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by TxShooter, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member

I am trying to decide if I should leave it as-is or combine all Glock discussions into a single forum.

As I think about it it's kind of like a Glock is a TJ Wrangler and within it you have the Unlimited, Sahara, Renegade, etc.

Most of the components are the same so almost all discussions relate to each other.

Is there much value in your opinion to leaving them split as-is and not combing them? Are the different sizes really different enough to solicit being separated?

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I do like sub-categories but it may dilute it too much like having a different category for a TJ with air conditioning. Is this necessary?

3. I think they should DEFINITELY be split by;

full size,
    compact,
    sub-compact

than maybe a section for gen4.

and the GLOCK 18 deserves its own section:D

only about half the parts are the same for all GLOCKs

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  4. TxShooter

I thought it was a much smaller fraction on part differences?

My concern was that a full size topic would 100% fit with a compact topic in regards to parts.

5. oh my....... I'm trying to rack my brain it's been a while since I talked GLOCK....

the sights vary based on caliber, as do the trigger bar, trigger housing, extractor

as far as FS to C...I think the ejectors (which would include trigger housing) trigger bar, recoil rod, the barrel block
    I guess maybe parts vary based more on caliber

I just don't remember now, i'll have to look at my GLOCK book or armours guide......

I can send you the armours guide.

edit; adding as I can remember

firing pin is different based on caliber

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  6. DoItAgain

DoItAgain New Member

I'd rather see it split by caliber.

7. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

I vote to keep it combined.

8. I like this idea with one overall topic for general discussion. $0.02

9. Logand4c

Logand4c New Member

Since this is a Glock forum, I would think a general discussion category for the one size fits all discussions and questions, and then sub-categories for model/caliber or something similar for the topics and questions that just pertain to that series of guns. As the forum and gun choices grow just one category may get to be quite large in time.

10. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

I think subforums based on frame size would be better than individual models or calibers. I don't think there's enough difference between a G26, G27, G33, or G39 to warrant separate subforums for each model. Comments about any one of these are nearly invariably going to apply to the rest of them as well.

If they are going to be split up, I think I'd go with either large frame (10mm and .45ACP) and small frame forums (9mm, .357, .40, and .45GAP); or standard, compact, and subcompact forums.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  11. TxShooter

I orginally set it up as Standard, Compact and Subcompact however a lot of parts from each size are interchangeable right.

12. alot of them are, but I also agree with Logand4c in the sense that it will make things easier to navigatein the future, if a guy that wants to talk G26 he can go straight to the sub-compact forum rather than filtering through the general section that could be filled with 50 threads about a 21 or a 17 until he finds his specific gun, or discussion.

I kinda think general glocking is more "about GLOCK", features, questions, industry, concerns, options, things of that nature

and the sub forums would be about specific guns (more technical)

kinda like on JF, we have general GC discussion but than a WJ section

13. ... me, I would seperate them by caliber, just sayin ;)

14. Dirty J

Dirty J This forum sucks.

I like seeing topics for models that I don't personally own...

If you split the models/calibers, it'll be easy to miss interesting topics.

I say leave them together.

15. glock40sw

glock40sw New Member

VA
    would like to see it split by either caliber, or model (or a designation such as this- .40 caliber/22-27-... or something similar)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.