Should I send it back to glock or not.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mpgo4th, Jul 3, 2012.

1. mpgo4th

mpgo4th Member

My 19 gen 4 shots great. No FTF or FTE ever. It has the 0-4-3 reco spring that came in it but has a 336 ejector. Out of 100 rounds I get hit on top of the head ( not in the face ) about 3-4 times by brass. It isn't really a big deal as this is my carry a lot and shot a little gun. I called Glock and they said they would pay for shipping if I wanted to have the new ejector put in. I asked them to replace the extractor while they had it because we all know that's the real problem. He said they don't just replace those and they would put an ejector and send it back. If that didn't fix it then they would look at the extractor. So possibly two trips to fix it. If the gun functions and I trust it would you just keep it or send it back to try new parts???

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Just me, If it ain't broke don't fix it.

3. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Might not be the gun. My G 21 Gen 4 works fine for me, ejects perfectly. But...... If others shoot it, and don't get it gripped nice & tight, it smacks them every time. Brass to the head, shoulder, etc.

4. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I think if you have a willing Glock Armorer nearby, they could order parts for you and do the install.

I spoke with Glock about my G23 (brass on my head as well), and the rep suggested the local Armorer in lieu of sending it in. This would save on time away from your 19.

I never sent mine in though since after a couple hundred more rounds, the problem seems to have subsided.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  5. iShoot

iShoot New Member

Come to think about it my Gen 4, 23 might do this too? I generally take a few guns out when I shoot, so I can't recall which one was doing it, every now and again one would hit me on the top of the head (or come close). I'm going to have to pay more attention... For me I don't think I'd send it back, but would certainly understand if someone else did.

6. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Ditto on the local guy.

It's nice that corporate will take it back, but See if a local glock armorer can do it for you so you don't have to send it in twice.

D

7. mpgo4th

mpgo4th Member

I wish they would sent the extractor too just so everything is updated but he told me they don't send those.

8. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Who knows...maybe a local Armorer could get one out of them.

Just a thought.

9. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

YMMV, but I know the Armorer at my LGS carries a bunch of parts and does have these last I check (been a while though).

D

10. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I had to google YMMV...got it now :p

11. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Me too, hahaha

12. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Some of your problem can be ammo or grip, too. GLOCK test fires ever weapon before shipping it. IF brass was hitting the armorer in the head during the test, I'm sure the weapon would be rejected until all the problems are corrected. Same holds true for your weapon.

13. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

Keep it man and don't worry about it.

14. I had the same problem with my G4 G19. After almost a 1000 rounds, it doesn't do it anymore. I also noticed a difference between steel/aluminum vs. cheap brass ammo. The heavier steel/aluminum casings don't eject nearly as far...

But like I said, the problem seems to have solved itself. Just make sure to keep the ejector clean.

15. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

A lot of steel cases have a lacquer paint applied to prevent rusting. It can burn off in the chamber and cause extraction/ejection problems.

Never had any proble with the aluminum cases from Blazer/CCI though. That stuff FLYS!

16. Blackmagic02

Blackmagic02 New Member

Try a bigger hat. Just kidding. If you really feel like you have a problem then I would find a local Armorer. They can order the parts (if they don't have them already), you keep your gun in the meantime, and they should only need it for a few minutes once they get them in.