Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard mixed reveiws on this but am curious as to if it actually makes a differance to mirror polish the internals for better trigger action/ overall functionality of the gun? I just dont want reliability to be questionable from performing this...let me know. Just an FYI Every internal component is aftermarket fyi nothing is stock at all including the safety plunger and firing pin assembly.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
In my personal experience, proper stoning and polishing of the internals smoothes the trigger and slide action rather significantly.

This video is the closest I've seen to what I do.

Additionally, I ensure that the trigger connector reset tab is approximately centered on the reset cam rail and not 'pushing up' against the bottom of the slide.

Best regards,

Bob :)

· Registered
47 Posts
On both my G19 and G26 the trigger pull felt rough and gritty till release.

What I did was pull the trigger bars and connectors and put them in my brass tumbler for a day and a half. They came out silky smooth!

Now both have very smooth nice pulls, Works for me just fine! Easier than a 20 cent trigger job and easier on your hands!

· Registered
422 Posts
If you strictly POLISH the internals, you will damage nothing and make your trigger feel much better.
My point is to just polish things -- don't grind or sand things. You don't want to change the shape or angles of anything.

· Registered
276 Posts
Ive heard mixed reveiws on this but am curious as to if it actually makes a differance to mirror polish the internals for better trigger action/ overall functionality of the gun? I just dont want reliability to be questionable from performing this...let me know. Just an FYI Every internal component is aftermarket fyi nothing is stock at all including the safety plunger and firing pin assembly.
Hand polishing with Q-tips won't hurt a thing.

I would be more concerned with reliability from the use of aftermarket parts than with polishing.

· Registered
1,635 Posts
I had several bait-casters polished and tuned. Guys swore it improved performance. I didn't. Stopped doing it and noticed use and abuse got everything just right. Plus proper maintenance.

I'm going to approach handguns with the latter approach. I'm sure more accomplished shooters may get the benefit. I'm just content with knowing my GLOCKs go bang in relatively the general direction needed if that day ever unfortunately happens. My heart will be going 3000 beats per second. I'm thinking I won't be too concerned with how polished my internals were and reason I got GLOCKs is because they are meant to go bang every time you suddenly need it. Simple but highly effective.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had several bait-casters polished and tuned. Guys swore it improved performance. I didn't. Stopped doing it and noticed use and abuse got everything just right. Plus proper maintenance.

I'm going to approach handguns with the latter approach. I'm sure more accomplished shooters may get the benefit. I'm just content with knowing my GLOCKs go bang in relatively the general direction needed if that day ever unfortunately happens. My heart will be going 3000 beats per second. I'm thinking I won't be too concerned with how polished my internals were and reason I got GLOCKs is because they are meant to go bang every time you suddenly need it. Simple but highly effective.

Well i mostly to target and competition shooting with my 19 but it is an everyday carry. The polishing drastically benefited the overall function and trigger fell. I definately recommend for those who use theirs alot at the range! I had almost 2000 rounds with the factory trigger, connector, and springs. And felt nothing compared to the new internals fully polished.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your really only supposed to polish contact points. Polish to much and you can have failures, or multiple rounds fire with one trigger pull.

I have put closer to a thousand rounds since the polish of internals and slide guides on frame with not a single failure or hiccup it simply made the gun function with little ease since it was factory painted that built up @ a few points on frame and slide rails

· Registered
1,635 Posts
Well i mostly to target and competition shooting with my 19 but it is an everyday carry. The polishing drastically benefited the overall function and trigger fell. I definately recommend for those who use theirs alot at the range! I had almost 2000 rounds with the factory trigger, connector, and springs. And felt nothing compared to the new internals fully polished.

Not disqualifying the need. Was just commenting based on experience with other tools which many polish to get that extra performance but I didn't see it. Everyone's mileage will vary.

Right now I'm concerned with getting familiar with each and after extended range time I'll assess if more is needed. Perhaps a polish here or there will be added but I'm mostly concerned with having reliability should I ever be faced with a life or death situation.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Not disqualifying the need. Was just commenting based on experience with other tools which many polish to get that extra performance but I didn't see it. Everyone's mileage will vary.
Yep! Agreed! :D

In my experience, the stamped steel parts of some pistols appear to have been produced with new or sharpened tools... that is, the parts were smooth with clean edges.

However, the stamped steel parts of other pistols appear to have been produced just before the tools were replaced or sharpened... the edges were uneven and ragged.

To me, it makes sense that stoning and polishing 'uneven and ragged' parts would make more difference than stoning and polishing 'smooth and clean' parts.

Furthermore, 'uneven and ragged' parts produced by older tools may be why the 'feel' and/or performance of some Glocks improves after several hundred rounds of 'break in', while others seem to feel and function 'perfect' from the first trigger pull and slide rack.

For what it's worth... ;)

Best regards,

Bob :)

· Premium Member
401 Posts
I polish the internals of any pistol I have. I don't see the point in waiting for it to wear in by firing when I can do it in a few minutes. There's no way anyone can spin polishing as a negative thing. Don't want to do it? Fine, but there's no way it can hurt anything and gets rid of a factory gritty trigger.

Glockyourdoor pictures are a good example. Unless someone convinces me that glock designed the pistols to have corrosion on the parts then it shouldn't be there. They are assembled from parts pre made for long periods of time. If glock hand polished the parts the price would go up quite a bit.

I'm personally not going to spend a ton of money waiting for the trigger to get better, I prefer to have it from the start. Polishing gets you the best trigger you can get without modifying/changing parts. I have been working on guns for decades and have never seen a gun get messed up from (hand, not dremel) polishing trigger parts. In fact a lot of people pay to have it done. I have seen a lot of dremel mess ups.

Polishing takes nothing except light corrosion off the parts (again as noted in the pictures), no way it can be bad. I don't know about fishing reels but the parts should not be corroded. Will it wear in? Of course, but it makes sense to me to remove something not designed to be there.

Bob Beers is right. A lot of factory guns have jagged edges and burs in them also, they are assembled not fitted. Maybe because I work on guns but I see no point to not going through the trigger assemblies. Stone the jagged areas and burrs, polish the points.

I'm not telling anyone they need to polish their internals, just that polishing removes corrosion that was not designed to be there.

If someone can prove that glock designed the parts to have corrosion then I will retract my statement.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I polish the internals of any pistol I have. I don't see the point in waiting for it to wear in by firing when I can do it in a few minutes. There's no way anyone can spin polishing as a negative thing. Don't want to do it? Fine, but there's no way it can hurt anything and gets rid of a factory gritty trigger.

Glockyourdoor pictures are a good example. Unless someone convinces me that glock designed the pistols to have corrosion on the parts then it shouldn't be there. They are assembled from parts pre made for long periods of time. If glock hand polished the parts the price would go up quite a bit.

I'm personally not going to spend a ton of money waiting for the trigger to get better, I prefer to have it from the start. Polishing gets you the best trigger you can get without modifying/changing parts. I have been working on guns for decades and have never seen a gun get messed up from (hand, not dremel) polishing trigger parts. In fact a lot of people pay to have it done. I have seen a lot of dremel mess ups.

Polishing takes nothing except light corrosion off the parts (again as noted in the pictures), no way it can be bad. I don't know about fishing reels but the parts should not be corroded. Will it wear in? Of course, but it makes sense to me to remove something not designed to be there.

Bob Beers is right. A lot of factory guns have jagged edges and burs in them also, they are assembled not fitted. Maybe because I work on guns but I see no point to not going through the trigger assemblies. Stone the jagged areas and burrs, polish the points.

I'm not telling anyone they need to polish their internals, just that polishing removes corrosion that was not designed to be there.

If someone can prove that glock designed the parts to have corrosion then I will retract my statement.

Thank you i truly appreciate your knowledge and input! That is the true reason i believe that anyone who wants a smoother trigger/ overall performance from their glock (brand new or even a few thousand rounds) should do an internal polish! Why not make the inside look as good as the outside?! And make it function a whole lot smoother. Plus the polish helps prevent corrosion! I couldnt ask for anything more! Its vital to ensure a long beautiful life for my 19 in my opinion.

· Registered
2 Posts
My before and after photos of polishing job View attachment 141503 View attachment 141504
i know this is an old post, but do yourself a favor and get a Ghost Ultimate 3.5lb Connector Bar. Along with my polished trigger bar the trigger feels completely different. It has a soft and smooth pull of about 2lb's around 80% of its travel and reaches a stop, the stop to firing is about a 3.5lb pull and its instant. Its like a 2 stage trigger now, you can pull down to the point it stop and fire the shot without your hand or firearm moving whatsoever. Im very pleased

1 - 20 of 23 Posts