Should i do anything?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by s2gots, Apr 26, 2012.

1. s2gots

s2gots New Member

Ca
    I get my G20,and first hand gun, Tuesday from jail... Other than 'just go shoot it' should I do anything to it? It was built in '07 and had about 600 rounds through it. Maybe just a cleaning and call it a day??

2. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

With any glock I would recommend some grips and sights. Buts that's really all you need to do. I would clean it if it's REALLY dirty. If not clean it after you shoot it

3. s2gots

s2gots New Member

Ca
    What is it about the sights that people change them? Is it just for night sights?

4. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I wanted to change the sights from day one. After a year I got used to them and shoot fine but wanted night sights. The sights on glocks are just so much different than any other sight. It being your first handgun you might really like it. But I was used to the 3 dot and had to adapt to the glock sight

5. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Sights for sure. Glocks sights are good, but are polymer. I'm afraid to break them when training doing one handed manipulations. I cringe when racking the slide using the sights on my holster.

6. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Not sure what you're referring to about "Jail" but if the gun isn't brand new in the box, I would suggest:

Take it to a Glock Armorer and have them go over the gun to do an inspection and safety check. It will get completely disassembled and any faulty parts or upgrades replaced and cleaned/oiled.

That way you can rest assured the gun is in good working order and all the features you are looking for will operate correctly and safely. People do all kinds of stuff to their guns nowadays that you may not be able to notice right away.

7. s2gots

s2gots New Member

Ca
    'jail' meaning the 10 day waiting period in CA...I'll lookin to an armoror