Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an shotgun but not sure what brand. I like the 870 but I didn't had it in my hand. What you guys recommend? I am just locking for an pump gun not for an automatic would be an nightmare to get in Germany
Thanks for your help in advance

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
I am looking for an shotgun but not sure what brand. I like the 870 but I didn't had it in my hand. What you guys recommend? I am just locking for an pump gun not for an automatic would be an nightmare to get in Germany
Thanks for your help in advance
depends on your budget ...
  • FN makes my favorite pump
(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/26888 )
  • for simple & cheap: I like my mossy 500 shotgun just fine
  • 870 is a good gun

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Budget is prime issue. It have work I don't want always failure and return it for service. Fn have nice guns but even if they are based only 50 km away they are hardly to get in Germany. Any other suggestions? Unfortunately Glock don't have shotguns

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMnIdr_12A&feature=plcp[/ame]

Maybe this will help??

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
870, its the workhorse of pump shotguns, top of the line reliability and durability. Our PD uses 590a1, I have not been impressed with them at all; several of them have sheered off the mag tube at the reciever (luckily on the range) leaving officers holding the gun in 2 pieces with all the shells and the mag tube's spring on the ground.

·
"The Sarge"
668 Posts
870, its the workhorse of pump shotguns, top of the line reliability and durability. Our PD uses 590a1, I have not been impressed with them at all; several of them have sheered off the mag tube at the reciever (luckily on the range) leaving officers holding the gun in 2 pieces with all the shells and the mag tube's spring on the ground.
That is not good to hear. Allegedly the Mossberg 590A1 was the only shotgun to complete the US military trials. Bill

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
The RIA m5 are good for the price. Only paid 200 for mine and holds 5+1. only thing i dont like is i cant find aftermarket parts for it so im thinkin of getting a mossy 500...

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
That is not good to hear. Allegedly the Mossberg 590A1 was the only shotgun to complete the US military trials. Bill
That's why we chose it. Years later I have heard that the 590a1 was the only one that applied for consideration because there were a few design requirements that no one else currently had and they did not want to redesign their guns to meet the requirements.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
I switched from a Mossberg fan to a Remington 870 freak and have several 870's. I like the slide release location better on the 870 and the foregrip feels more solid and the action seems smoother. Both 870 and 500/590 offer a ton of accessories but 870 would be the way I'd go if I could only have one pump shotgun.

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Sports equipment

2 that I tac'd out.

Attachments

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Not to start an argument. I haven't seen accessories for the 500 that aren't available for the 870. If anything the high end aftermarket like, Wilson Combat and Mesa Tactical, offer more for the 870. Even Mossberg made the Breacher barrel for my 870.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Out of curiousity I went to brownells, shotgun parts, I tried the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500; both showed up as 217 parts available. I flipped through a few and there were model specific parts, weird that they had exactly the same number though.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Case in point if u want a breacher barrel u have to buy a mossberg barrel .. Lmao. That's 35% of the gun that's a mossberg so in the end to rest my case ..mossberg has more accessories !!!!!
That's nuts, I wonder if Remington is worried about liability of a breacher barrel or what? They make 870 breachers, but they only sell them to LE agencies and military....weird

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
No matter how u slice it u are shooting a crossbreed 870 lol. How does it feel to have 35% mossy 870 lol
Sounds like you ruined a perfectly good 870 :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
My vote is the 870 by far. Reliability is never a question with them. Shot both 500 and the 590 while in the Marine Corps and had alot of problems and malfunctions with them. Just can't beat a good old 870.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Glock88 said:
No matter how u slice it u are shooting a crossbreed 870 lol. How does it feel to have 35% mossy 870 lol
The same as my LoneWolf barreled Glock 22.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.