Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a shotgun and add some mods to it like a tac light and pistol grip and the like but I want to stay under or around 300 for the shotgun. Any suggestions on a reliable and durable shotgun? Preferably 12 gauge. Thank you for the help!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Find a used 870 would be my first choice and then buy the parts you need. They are very common, you local area will depict the price.

Or, go to a Mossberg 500, you can probably get all that you want new for that price or close to it.

·
just wants to watch the world burn.
1,021 Posts
Benelli supernova is an amazing gun. Shoots all sizes of 12ga. Pump comes stock with pistol grip. But usual runs 400+.. I got mine on sale for 379 at dicks couple years ago

·
Registered
152 Posts
Supernova is a great pump I have one in my closet right now ready to roll she doesn't have to say in that dark cramped safe :)
She is on the top shelf so the little man can't play with the pow pow (what my 2 1/2 year olg calls firearms)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I am partial to this one. Although the choice , I think should be made after you get a chance to have one in your hands and see if it fits you and your needs. This is about as good a Modifiable Shotgun for a great price as it gets. IMHO
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I am with Ditchs on this one love the 870 like a glock of the shotgun world in my opinion

·
Registered
456 Posts
For your budget an 870 is about as good as it gets.

I buy different guns but I haven't warmed up to a Benelli M4, though it is my dream gun. I just like the capacity and reliability of my Mossberg 930SPX. I don't have a problem dropping $1400. But I haven't become a shotgun aficionado.

These are my shotguns:

Mossberg 930 SPX
FN Police Tactical 12 gauge pump
Saiga 12 tactical/Eotech 552

·
Premium Member
45,457 Posts
ScottyBiddle said:
I am wanting to buy a shotgun and add some mods to it like a tac light and pistol grip and the like but I want to stay under or around 300 for the shotgun. Any suggestions on a reliable and durable shotgun? Preferably 12 gauge. Thank you for the help!

Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood stain

This was one I got recently

Attachments

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
I might be wrong but if the extractor breaks on a 870 you have to send it back to them to fix it. A 500 you just remove one screw- replace- and put back together? Also when loading a 870 if the shell does not get pushed all the way in the tube it could get jammed under the loading flap. The 500 is not like that. My vote...500.

Wood Gun barrel Cable Gun accessory Trigger

Attachments

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.