Glock Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this while looking at magazines for my 17.
For this price is it a good deal? I know nothing about shotguns or what to look at. I really want a shotgun for the home, I will not be hunting so this looks promising. I just want some input on whether it's garbage grade.
Thank you
http://www.botachtactical.com/mebem4tapade.html

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
rickjames said:
I ran across this while looking at magazines for my 17.
For this price is it a good deal? I know nothing about shotguns or what to look at. I really want a shotgun for the home, I will not be hunting so this looks promising. I just want some input on whether it's garbage grade.
Thank you
http://www.botachtactical.com/mebem4tapade.html
I have the Urbino Stock on my 870 and it is good to go. It gives a shorter LOP, and the pistol grip is best I've used on a shotgun. Mesa Tactical makes some high end tactical accessories for shotguns. They're a little pricey but it is quality. I'm glad I live 10 minutes from them and can purchase directly. I would however shoot a shotgun first and find what's comfortable and works for you. The price is decent, the stock alone is $150.

Attachments

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice shotgun.
And I have shot a benelli, but it was more of one for hunting, longer barrel and what not. I have never shot a pump shotgun though, dont know if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
rickjames said:
Nice shotgun.
And I have shot a benelli, but it was more of one for hunting, longer barrel and what not. I have never shot a pump shotgun though, dont know if that makes a difference?
Hunting shotguns and home defense/combat arent too different. They are shorter in length and youre able to shoot more rounds, as i believe when hunting you are limited. Pumps will eat any ammo you put in it. You don't have to worry if it's gonna cycle the ammo or notas in semis. Plus they're cheaper. I'd rather spend $300 and buy a few 870s than one Benelli M4. But that's me.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chilly613 said:
Pumps will eat any ammo you put in it. You don't have to worry if it's gonna cycle the ammo or not. Plus they're cheaper. I'd rather spend $300 and buy a few 870s than one Benelli M4.
Ok. Thanks man. So I'm guessing you'd tell me to go with an 870 over a mossberg 500?
One of my friends has a mossberg 500 he loves it. My brother in law tells me they are cheaply made.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
rickjames said:
Ok. Thanks man. So I'm guessing you'd tell me to go with an 870 over a mossberg 500?
One of my friends has a mossberg 500 he loves it. My brother in law tells me they are cheaply made.
It's personal preference. I like the 870 because it's tried and true and they've been around forever and everyone I know has one, so I get a lot of assistance and training with it. Mossbergs are good. They are military tested and used. Mossbergs are a little lighter. So it comes down to what you want. And how you're going to run your weapon. I'd say try them out and see what works for you.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good. I'm getting one of each. Haha jp but yes I will definitely look into them both.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
rickjames said:
Sounds good. I'm getting one of each. Haha jp but yes I will definitely look into them both.
With what you'd spend on a Benelli you can get both! HAHA

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Tell your brother in law to smack himself until I say stop. I'm never going to say stop, but don't tell him that. Anyone who says a Mossberg, especially a M500, is cheaply made is talking out of his ass.

The 870 is THE BEST shotgun EVER made. It is the Glock of shotguns. The M500 is also a stellar shotgun and either way you cannot go wrong.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nukinfuts29 said:
Tell your brother in law to smack himself until I say stop. I'm never going to say stop, but don't tell him that. Anyone who says a Mossberg, especially a M500, is cheaply made is talking out of his ass.

The 870 is THE BEST shotgun EVER made. It is the Glock of shotguns. The M500 is also a stellar shotgun and either way you cannot go wrong.
Haha. Yea I figured by reading online that they can't be bad shotguns. Looks like I'm going with an 870 as of now. I will update once I convince my wife it is necessary. Haha

·
Very Sensitive Guy (^;)
764 Posts
Haha. Yea I figured by reading online that they can't be bad shotguns. Looks like I'm going with an 870 as of now. I will update once I convince my wife it is necessary. Haha
I snuck in on my ex one night with a mask on... a long, long time ago, before she was armed, lol. Scared the crap out of her. No problem convincing her she needs defense, lol. ;)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Matthew780 said:
I snuck in on my ex one night with a mask on... a long, long time ago, before she was armed, lol. Scared the crap out of her. No problem convincing her she needs defense, lol. ;)
Henceforth, your ex sir. Ooops

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Hadn't gotten a shotgun yet, but maybe tomorrow (on the unofficial holiday known as Cinco De Gunshow!) if I don't find a crate of Nagants that I can paw through and pick one to clean up as an inexpensive gun project. I'd been waffling between the 870 and the Mossberg 500 or 590a1, but decided I'll be going with a Mossberg once I do get one simply because they come drilled and tapped, and the safety is in a more easily accessible position. Both are great weapon platforms, but the better ergonomic design decided it for me.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TampaBaySean said:
Maybe I am misunderstanding this post but that link is for the tac stock man. Not the gun .The Benelli M4 is about $1500
http://www.riflegear.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=851&SEName=benelli-m4-tactical-pistol-grip-ghost-ring-sight&variantid=1165

My home shotty is a mossy 500 cruiser , holds 8 shells for $300 or under
Haha I know this. I was asking about this cause its price, why it was cut in half and still so damn expensive. From the original price it looks good.
Nice shotgun by the way

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a mossberg 500 and love it. I think the pistol grip looks cool and is nice in the house if you have to maneuver, but I hate shooting it with the pistol grip. Much prefer the full stock, or maybe a good collapsible stock.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys got me leaning towards a mossberg.
If the budget allowed I'd get a saiga with a 20 round drum, yeaaaaa babyyyy hahaha

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
When it comes to the 870 or 500, they are both excellent shotguns. Inexpensive and extremely reliable and durable. To make a choice between the 2 all comes down to personal preference. I own 2 870's but would not pass on a 500 if a deal came up. Just find one that is comfortable for you with whatever options they have on them at the gun shops.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts