Glock Forum banner

Shot first IDPA of the year today!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  capitalcityglock 
#1 ·
Pretty rusty, but had a great time. Had procedurals on 4 of 6 stages and two hits to non-threats. Lots of work to do, but it was really good to get back out there.

#5 ·
What gun class do you shoot and which model glock?

I am very interested in participating in IDPA and am curious what gun class do you shoot and which model Glock do you use?

I am interested in CDP and SSP / ESP in particular...I have a 34 for SSP/ESP and am debating whether to go 21 for CDP vs. 1911 style. Would appreciate your insights...

#6 ·
I was shooting SSP with a G19, but just I made some modifications and now have to shoot ESP. I don't re-load so shooting anything in a .45 is cost prohibitive. We usually shoot 100 rounds or so per match.

I like the IDPA format because

1) It is "real world" scenarios. Although, I don't expect to ever have to fight off 8 threats in less than a minute.
2) It makes you think while you are shooting. This is probably the most important benefit. The best trigger guy may/may not win. You have to control your mind while shooting and plan your next moves under the artificial pressure of a time clock.
3) I can shoot it with my carry weapon. I'm not LEO or military, I'm just a guy who works in an office. I like being able to compete with the gun I carry with me every day. I don't have to spend a lot of money to a specialized gun or other equipment. Gun, mags and rounds and you are ready to go.

I hope this helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.