Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching my lgs and stopping by occasionally to see their selection of glocks available. I've been wanting a full size glock 22 and they haven't had one in months. I went by again this morning and there was a 23 there so I bought it right then and there! I asked the shop owner why they hadn't had any .40 cals in and he said they're on back order for at least 4 weeks (another reason why I bought the 23 today). The 23 should keep my 19 company until I can get a 22, anyone else heard of a shortage of .40 cals in their area???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
They're in short supply because the department of homeland security is buying a ****load of them. They also just put in an order for right at half a billion rounds of 40 cal.......or was it half a million?
 

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
Joined
·
974 Posts
AllUNeed10mm said:
They're in short supply because the department of homeland security is buying a ****load of them. They also just put in an order for right at half a billion rounds of 40 cal.......or was it half a million?
Yup, I also heard that too, but not sure on the ammo count, but half a mill sounds right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I only have 3 lgs where I live and none of them have been carrying .40 cals so when I saw that 23 I grabbed it, they had a 27 but my fat sausage fingers don't like the tiny grips, plus the 23 will fit into my holsters I have for my 19.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
One of my lgs said it would be 6 weeks before he could get me a 23g4. So I lucked out and found a good shape 23rtf2 on gunbroker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
Yeah an internet search shows ATK (Alliant Techsystems Inc.) won a contract for 450 million rounds of .40 cal Ammo from Homeland Security. I found another article where Winchester got a 200 million round contract for .40 cal from Homeland Security in Jan 2010!

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Alliant_Techsystems_(ATK)

They also have a bid announcement for 175 million rounds of .223 ammo!
REQUIREMENT: The total requirement is to provide an estimated 33 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber SD and 2 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber EP Ammunition in the base year and an estimated 33 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber SD and 2 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber EP ammunition in each of four option years in accordance with Attachment 2, Statement of Work for .223 Remington Caliber SD and .223 Remington Caliber EP Ammunition.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=19ae9f4fa8037cd6a110b201ce3e360b
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
May want to look for LE trade in's. I've seen a lot of Gen 3 G22's coming out from various LE. Cheaper Than Dirt, GT Distributors (in TX can only sell "used" Glocks to Joe Blow)....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
They're sweet and the kick isn't that bad........but you can definitely tell its not a 9mm. Now......do I get the .45 next or the 9mm? Or the .40?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AllUNeed10mm said:
They're sweet and the kick isn't that bad........but you can definitely tell its not a 9mm. Now......do I get the .45 next or the 9mm? Or the .40?
That's a tough one, I've never shot the 10 mm so I can't say, but I got the 23 so I can ccw when I travel to Arizona for work and leave my 19 behind for the wife and because it was available. But I like the .40, shot one 2 weeks ago that's what made me want one. The 10mm only comes in full size or sub compact, which is fine, I just wouldnt be able to conceal it as well. I want a full size glock so I can shoot it at the range so maybe the 20 will be my next purchase.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
767 Posts
well, time to pull the trigger and get my 22 and about 5k rounds lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
glock19desertranger said:
Been watching my lgs and stopping by occasionally to see their selection of glocks available. I've been wanting a full size glock 22 and they haven't had one in months. I went by again this morning and there was a 23 there so I bought it right then and there! I asked the shop owner why they hadn't had any .40 cals in and he said they're on back order for at least 4 weeks (another reason why I bought the 23 today). The 23 should keep my 19 company until I can get a 22, anyone else heard of a shortage of .40 cals in their area???
I live in Ohio and it's the same here with the G23 at least, not sure about the 22. The state bought 23's for all of the prisons statewide here (and i believe my prison got somewhere between 25-30). I've heard that's the issue around here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
glock19desertranger said:
That's a tough one, I've never shot the 10 mm so I can't say, but I got the 23 so I can ccw when I travel to Arizona for work and leave my 19 behind for the wife and because it was available. But I like the .40, shot one 2 weeks ago that's what made me want one. The 10mm only comes in full size or sub compact, which is fine, I just wouldnt be able to conceal it as well. I want a full size glock so I can shoot it at the range so maybe the 20 will be my next purchase.
I carry my full size 20 concealed........maybe it helps that I'm 6'1" and 208 pounds but you can't tell I have it on me when I have it concealed. But, when I'm out and about, I open carry with it on my hip...with an extra clip attached to the holster. I don't care what anybody says about open carry.....I feel badass with that big cannon and I'm pretty sure when I'm in the bad parts of town that its a pretty good deterrent.....
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top