Glock Forum banner

"short barrel ammo" attention subcompact owners!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  RobertR13 
Yeah I'm seeing some mixed reviews also. Their reasoning behind it makes sense but I'd like to see something backing it up.

Secondly if a moderator can fix this thread title by placing another "m" in amo making it ammo that would be fantastic! Driving me crazy but I can't change it now that I've started it! Haha if not oh well what can you do
1. As a reloader, I have in fact witnessed a slight but measurable decrease in muzzle velocity out of shorter barreled handguns. I have a G26 and a G30, and find I need to add more powder (even over the "do not exceed" loads in published load charts) to attain the velocities in published load tables, which is why a chrony is so important. While I have no experience with factory "short barrel" ammo, I have experienced boht 9mm and .45ACP JHP rounds that did not expand or expanded very little when shot into gallon water jugs with newspaper and water in them.

2. Fixed your title for ya!

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.