Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
I wouldn't take anything firearm related to any business that does work like that but then again that's just me.

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,461 Posts
if the sight had been second hand and they damaged it and then said that they could fix it? Well then I would accept but! In this case it was a new part and I think as they are the cause of the damage, they should have apologized and taken it upon themselves to replace it with a New sight! When you speak to them, remember you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar! If you get no joy , just bump it up the line until you speak to somebody who can take action! I once had a small problem with a firing pin ! It was on a Winchester Model 320. In the end and it took a lot of phone calls and letters but I ended up speaking with the CEO of Winchester Australia! I got the problem fixed!

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
It happens, i bent a rear trijicon sight on the 43 i had. Not that bad though. Used the correct sight tool, it started fine but then halfway through got tight. I bought it from optics planet and told them what happened, they sent me a new one and had me send the damaged one back. The new one went right in. But i agree they should either replace it or reimburse you the value of the rear sight

·
Glockin’ since 1993
46,266 Posts
Years ago I bought the NCStar/VISM sight pusher. It was a quarter the price of the competition and it works great. I’ve done probably 30 sights with this.
Font Screenshot Gas Electric blue Output device

Getting the whole kit would be even better!
This wasn’t available back when I bought mine.
Input device Font Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gas

Glock sights are easy on removal and installation but beware of S&W and XD, I thought it might break the tool before I gave up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Years ago I bought the NCStar/VISM sight pusher. It was a quarter the price of the competition and it works great. I’ve done probably 30 sights with this.
View attachment 266896
Getting the whole kit would be even better!
This wasn’t available back when I bought mine.
View attachment 266898
Glock sights are easy on removal and installation but beware of S&W and XD, I thought it might break the tool before I gave up.
Night Fision specifically states not to install with a sight pushed. Warranty will be lost if done damage is done during the install with one. This is how mine was damaged.

The shop made it right. They decided to purchase a new set of Night Fision sights. (Their own decision.) They will not be doing the install of the new set.

I picked up the side today still intact with with the front sight only for now.

This thing feels amazing in my hands and so does the trigger. I decided to purchase a Timney trigger but will use OEM trigger for a few thousand rounds.

Orange base is on the magazine with snap caps inside.

Gun barrel Trigger Electric blue Revolver Gun accessory
Azure Cutting mat Material property Electric blue Rectangle

·
Registered
561 Posts
“Night Fision specifically states not to install with a sight pushed.”

Then how are they going to be installed?
They probably want them drifted in with a punch. Sight pushers can get a lot more pressure easier than most people think. Resulting in bent sights, or worse, cracked slides.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
46,266 Posts
They probably want them drifted in with a punch. Sight pushers can get a lot more pressure easier than most people think. Resulting in bent sights, or worse, cracked slides.
We had a guy at the shop that had put on sites for years with a hammer and punch.
He buggered the heck out of a guys new night sights.
Every set of Glock sights I’ve installed, using the VISM pusher, went on without a hitch.

·
Registered
561 Posts
We had a guy at the shop that had put on sites for years with a hammer and punch.
Every set of Glock sights I’ve installed, using the VISM pusher, went on without a hitch.
Yeah, I’ve used the MGW for years. Someone else use to have a similar warning because people were breaking the tubes by cranking too hard. That’s what made me think the mfg might be wanting their sights installed with a punch. I can’t remember who though, maybe mepro? It’s been years.

I test fit before using the pusher (following Dave Dawson’s video). In the past I have had to file a few to get a good test fit but I haven’t had to do that in a least 4yrs. I’m thinking in general the sight mfgs and/or Glock have become more consistent in their manufacturing.

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
I do mine with a hone for the sight base if needed and a nylon punch made for the task, no buggered up rear sights but then I've been fitting sights for over 40 years.

Reactions: LElliott and Danzig

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
Learn how to properly fit sights from a professional on sights.

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
Night Fision specifically states not to install with a sight pushed. Warranty will be lost if done damage is done during the install with one. This is how mine was damaged.

The shop made it right. They decided to purchase a new set of Night Fision sights. (Their own decision.) They will not be doing the install of the new set.

I picked up the side today still intact with with the front sight only for now.

This thing feels amazing in my hands and so does the trigger. I decided to purchase a Timney trigger but will use OEM trigger for a few thousand rounds.

Orange base is on the magazine with snap caps inside.

View attachment 266953 View attachment 266954
That is awesome they made it right! Those are the type of gun stores that get my money.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is awesome they made it right! Those are the type of gun stores that get my money.
Yep. I will be getting all my ammo from them. They are just an 8 minute walk away from where I live.

I also found another shop with a Gunsmith that has experience with Night Fision. I will be taking my G45 there when get the sights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts