Shooting woes

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by h518may, Jun 18, 2012.

1. h518may

h518may New Member

Hey everyone got a question. I'm mostly a revolver guy and admittedly, I like my glocks because they are like a flat revolver w more bullets to me. Just point and shoot. I recently went to the range and took three of my favorite handguns: smith and Wesson 686, chiappa rhino .357( awesome gun by the way), and my g-22. I shot the revolvers first, did well( all double action) then shot my g-22. All my shots with my glock were high and to the right. I was wondering if maybe it was somehow due to shooting the different triggers of the revolvers then shooting the glock trigger system? What do you guys think?

2. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

As per the "Shooters Chart" high would be " Breaking Wrist Up", right would be " Heeling" (anticipating recoil) or "Thumbing" (squeezing thumb) or too much trigger finger.
    Now I don't know if that helps you any but that's what the chart say's.
    GOOD LUCK, and just keep shooting.

3. h518may

h518may New Member

Hmm. Thanks David. I don't THINK it's due to anticipating recoil, I was shooting fairly hot magnums beforehand. Could be thumbing. But really thinking now too much trigger finger since my revolver's triggers are more stiff. 'preciate the insight!

4. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Here ya go !

Attached Files:

5. h518may

h518may New Member

Hey thanks for that, Sean. I've never seen the chart before. Good to have now. Thanks again.

6. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I have found that too much finger in the trigger on the Glock can cause the high right shots like in the 10 oclock area but not if they are 11 o'clock area. 11 o'clock in my exp is all antisipation. One other thing is take ONLY your Glock out for a session and concentrate on just shooting it. Slow Fire about 50 rounds say no more than 10 rounds at a time. I know if I am shooting other than Glocks during the same session with my Glocks my shooting of my Glocks goes down hill. Give that a try.

7. h518may

h518may New Member

10 4 on that. I think I will take all your advice sgtcowboy. Good to know someone else has a problem with shooting glocks w other guns. I will take only my g-22/27 out next time

8. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I know from experience that of I shoot a lot of different handguns during a rang trip my accuracy declines. If I take one weapon and only shoot it my accuracy gets better as I go. I usually go shooting with my grandfather on wednesday morning. He brings his XDm and a smith and Wesson 915. If I shoot them then my shoot placement with my glocks is to the left even tho I'm hitting dead center with his guns. I think it is getting used to the different triggers all in a 30 min time span

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

10. h518may

h518may New Member

I also am thinking maybe it's shooting diff guns in a short period of range time. At least part of it. I'm surely of it is operator error!!

11. h518may

h518may New Member

Thanks shooter glad to be here!