Glock Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is there a club of some sort in Central Florida that anyone knows about? I'm in the Orlando area and would like to be a part of a group to go out to the range with. At the same time learn new things.

If such club exists, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
DevilDawg235 said:
Is there a club of some sort in Central Florida that anyone knows about? I'm in the Orlando area and would like to be a part of a group to go out to the range with. At the same time learn new things.

No replies? I'm on FL East coast and wish there was one here.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I used to live in the Orlando area ( apopka) and I don't remember any clubs( not that there isnt any).

I used to shoot at " Shoot Straight" there's one in Apopka and more in the greater Orlando area best bet is to go there and just ask.

Sorry I couldn't help further

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
DevilDawg235 said:

What part of Orlando are you in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
There's the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club pmrpc.com. It's over here in Palm Bay, about an hour from Orlandy, but still in what locals call Central Florida.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know of any ranges near or in clearwater. My family and i will be vacationing on the gulf near pier 60 in may and id like ro find a range while down there

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone know of any ranges near or in clearwater. My family and i will be vacationing on the gulf near pier 60 in may and id like ro find a range while down there
Wyoming antelope club in Pinellas Park behind the airport. Non members for the day is $20 and the public range goes from 7yds up to 100yds. Their rules are pretty strick so no rapid fire or "Fun Shooting" but if you are looking to go throw a few rounds downrange it will do.

If you want to have a little more fun try Hernando Sportsmans Club about an hour north in Hernando county or Sarasota Shooting Club down in Myaki park about an hour south. Myaki park has a 1,000 yard range down to your pistol ranges. Not sure the cost there.

If you get desparate and money is no option there is Shoot Straight in Tampa on 301 south off of I4.

Problem with Florida is there is not really any "Land" to shoot on anymore. The State is so populated with old folks from up north and tourists (no offense it's big business) that trying to find a nice stretch of land to shoot on requires driving hours to find and then everything is private or owned by the State.
I always envy the guys out west that can literally hop in a truck for 10 minutes and be away from everyone to do what they want. Not like that here. Too crowded, too much traffic, too many idiots.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cfrpc

The Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club is a great place to shoot. They have a 25 yd, 50 yd, 100 yd, and 300 yd range plus shotgun & action ranges. It is located about 15 minutes SE of Orlando International Airport. It is for members only but they are friendly and knowledgable. I have been a member for only a couple of months but it is the real deal. Their website has all the info you need on how to join.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
akvs22 said:
The Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club is a great place to shoot. They have a 25 yd, 50 yd, 100 yd, and 300 yd range plus shotgun & action ranges. It is located about 15 minutes SE of Orlando International Airport. It is for members only but they are friendly and knowledgable. I have been a member for only a couple of months but it is the real deal. Their website has all the info you need on how to join.
Thanks for the info... I live in Cali and from Orlando so I may try to join for when I am home visiting I can bring my AR and Glock along with :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
akvs22 said:
Any price range?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am not sure I understand the question. The website will tell you how much it costs and the process it takes for you to join. You also have to be an NRA member to join.

·
Premium Member
5,883 Posts
For an indoor range in Sarasota, Take Aim charges something like $18 per year, then $14 for a lane ALL DAY. It's a nice range too. Might be too far from Orlando, but if you are farther south west it's great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts