Featured Shooting off.

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by WahlG19FDE, Sep 10, 2017.

1. WahlG19FDE

WahlG19FDE New Member

So I have a 4th Gen FDE G19 I bought almost two years ago. I love using it and it's my daily carry but I'm seriously considering shelving it because there's either something wrong with the sights, or me using it. I first thought it was me so tried countlessly different shooting styles (both eyes open, body position, grip, and breathing) but nothing. So I got Trijicon HD night sights for it, and took it out a few days ago and I would say it has improved but still not on point. ( I'm no expert shot but can shoot pretty well with my HK USP, and I was always on target with my old Kimber 1911). I'm just trying to get some insight from fellow members

2. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Have you had anyone else shoot it? Did they have the same issue? Have you called Glock to see what they say?

3. WahlG19FDE

WahlG19FDE New Member

Yah my brother and I shoot all the time and it's the same for him too. And no I haven't called them, is that something though they would or could fix/address?

4. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Hard to really say what might be the problem, or problems. If you can get to a range where you can shoot it from a benchrest on bags, and set your distance short, like 5 yards, you might mark up a few consistent groups to establish a base line.

5. A little more information on the problem would be helpful

6. WahlG19FDE

WahlG19FDE New Member

What kind of information do you need

7. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

Have you inspected the barrel? I'd consider finding an armorer and have them look at it.

8. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight Well-Known Member

You have to get it on a bench / vise and pull the trigger. That will tell you if it's the gun or not. Glock will likely tell you the same thing.

That said, I suspect when a gun shoots left the connector bar / trigger bar release may have a bit of an abrupt release that 'helps' the gun go off target. You can see that by dry firing thou ... if you see the barrel move when the trigger breaks. Sometimes just a more firm grip helps with that

9. WahlG19FDE

WahlG19FDE New Member

Ok thanks I'll try that later on today and post the outcome

10. 40caljim

40caljim Active Member Supporter

Two things. As mentioned shoot the gun from a sand bag or similar rest. Second is trigger finger placement. Are you using the middle of the first pad on your trigger finger?

11. JNW

JNW New Member

Where is the point of impact compared to your point of aim? Does it shoot right, left, high or low? Does it just give out bigger groups than your other guns? Telling us these things will help. Glocks with factory sights all shoot high for me.
    Regards,
    Jeff

12. JJHNSN

JJHNSN Member

"something wrong with the sights, or me using it"

Can you explain what you perceive to be wrong with the sights? Post up a target after you have shot at it? Details?

13. Glock19XDS9mm

Glock19XDS9mm Active Member

What exactly is the problem? Nothing in regards to where the shots are hitting versus POA have been expressed..

Are you experiencing the same problems with other guns?

How is your trigger press and sight alignment?

There's many factors including grip issues, but without further explanation nobody can really chime in.

GARRIGA likes this.
  14. JJHNSN

JJHNSN Member

It's a mystery.

15. Glock19XDS9mm

Must be because there's a whole bunch of rambling without the core of what the problem is lol.

95% of the time it is user error and not the sights.. unless the sights are not aligned properly, I doubt it's a sight issue.

16. JJHNSN

JJHNSN Member

Let me guess, his Glock is shooting low and left.

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  17. Glock19XDS9mm

Or maybe just left which is a support hand grip issue.. past two range visits I was shooting pretty good groups to the left of POA. My support hand was not solid enough and was noticeable then more rounds I shot. I've been working on my grip technique the past two days. Trying to dry practice everyday. Otherwise my groups are tight enough to my satisfaction.

18. GARRIGA

He stated his buddy is experiencing issues, too. Both can't possibly have same user faults yet shoot other firearms proficiently. That don't make sense. Thinking the firearm needs to be checked.

19. JJHNSN

JJHNSN Member

Well, since the guy posted his note nearly 24 hours ago..and has not responded since, we are left speculating.

20. GARRIGA

Better than listening to the wife ***** about the ballistol stinking up the house.