Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well one of my o.c.d's is writing down what I shoot (ammo), when I shoot, and how many rounds I shoot that day. Since last Saturday I have 350 rounds through my Glock 17 gen4. I picked it up Friday.

Does anyone else do this? And does anybody have a glock pushing 100,000 rounds or more?

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I used to keep a log of every day, then I got an iPhone app called Gun Toolbox, it doesn't log every day but it keeps a fire counter and lets me know every x amount of rounds it needs maintenance. You can tell it how many rounds before it reminds you.

·
1,672 Posts
LOL. By maintenance I mean detail clean vs field strip clean.

·
Registered
285 Posts
It would be cool if it included the intervals for replacing recoil spring magazine catch spring etc depending on manufacturers recommendations.

·
1,672 Posts
You can add in as many reminders as you want. Just know that every 1500 is detail stripped, every 3k is spring change, etc.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have logs for all of my rifles. The shotguns get a rough count kept and the pistols are more along the lines of they get it when they need it, although I do grossly know how many rounds has been put on each one since I purchased them.

malladus

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
malladus said:
I have logs for all of my rifles. The shotguns get a rough count kept and the pistols are more along the lines of they get it when they need it, although I do grossly know how many rounds has been put on each one since I purchased them.

malladus
I only have one gun, so far, my Glock so I don't have a problem recording this stuff yet.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I actually do keep a log on a new gun. I record how many rounds thru the gun, how well the grouping was, how accuracy improved, until I get up to 1K rounds then it goes in the trash.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Webphisher said:
You can add in as many reminders as you want. Just know that every 1500 is detail stripped, every 3k is spring change, etc.
I thought recoil spring is recommended at 5k? I was reading online and some people say they still have the oem spring after 10k rounds. These are so cheap, why not change it every 5k

·
1,672 Posts
I always hear anything between 2500-5000 depending on single or dual RSA and the person you talk too lol.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Webphisher said:
I always hear anything between 2500-5000 depending on single or dual RSA and the person you talk too lol.
Ok. Thats what I figured, always a different answer from everyone.
Can you use a dual spring from gen 4 in gen 3 Glocks?
Also what type of benefits do people get when using other recoil springs, other than the oem?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts