shooting log anyone?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by rickjames, Apr 29, 2012.

1. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Well one of my o.c.d's is writing down what I shoot (ammo), when I shoot, and how many rounds I shoot that day. Since last Saturday I have 350 rounds through my Glock 17 gen4. I picked it up Friday.

Does anyone else do this? And does anybody have a glock pushing 100,000 rounds or more?

2. My G19 is over 50k. It passed 50k in '10 and I stopped counting.

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I used to keep a log of every day, then I got an iPhone app called Gun Toolbox, it doesn't log every day but it keeps a fire counter and lets me know every x amount of rounds it needs maintenance. You can tell it how many rounds before it reminds you.

4. So does it say Glock, 900 rounds, Maint = Never?

5. Webphisher

LOL. By maintenance I mean detail clean vs field strip clean.

6. rickjames

Haha very nice

7. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

It would be cool if it included the intervals for replacing recoil spring magazine catch spring etc depending on manufacturers recommendations.

8. Webphisher

You can add in as many reminders as you want. Just know that every 1500 is detail stripped, every 3k is spring change, etc.

9. malladus

malladus New Member

I have logs for all of my rifles. The shotguns get a rough count kept and the pistols are more along the lines of they get it when they need it, although I do grossly know how many rounds has been put on each one since I purchased them.

malladus

10. rickjames

I only have one gun, so far, my Glock so I don't have a problem recording this stuff yet.

11. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

I actually do keep a log on a new gun. I record how many rounds thru the gun, how well the grouping was, how accuracy improved, until I get up to 1K rounds then it goes in the trash.

12. rickjames

I thought recoil spring is recommended at 5k? I was reading online and some people say they still have the oem spring after 10k rounds. These are so cheap, why not change it every 5k

13. Webphisher

I always hear anything between 2500-5000 depending on single or dual RSA and the person you talk too lol.

14. rickjames

Ok. Thats what I figured, always a different answer from everyone.
    Can you use a dual spring from gen 4 in gen 3 Glocks?
    Also what type of benefits do people get when using other recoil springs, other than the oem?