Shooting land

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Redhairdontcare, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Redhairdontcare

Redhairdontcare New Member

I'm looking at buying a house with the stipulation of a lot of land to shoot on . Are there laws saying how much land I have to own to legally shoot on it ?

2. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

YES !!!!! There are State and Local laws . Look em up...

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

What state you in?

4. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

For ex in Fl . I live in Hillsbourough County . I can shoot in my back yard ( in a development less than a 1/4 acre property) if done in a safe manner unless I am within Tampa City limits lol

5. piken

piken New Member

You can do that if you would like to have a chance to go to jail.

A 2010 ruling found that no city or town can override the FL laws pertaining to firearms. In the FL state laws, it is a felony to discharge a firearm on any property zoned as residential unless it contains land of 50 acre's or greater.

6. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Nope ....

According to the Florida Statute "790.15 Discharging firearm in public", if you are legally upon your own land, not trespassing on said property, it is legal to discharge a firearm as long as you do NOT discharge it in any of the following manner:

1) On the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street

2) knowingly discharges any firearm over the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street

3) over any occupied premises.

4) knowingly and willfully discharges any firearm from the vehicle within 1,000 feet of any person

5) As a driver or owner of any vehicle, whether or not the owner of the vehicle is occupying the vehicle, who knowingly directs any other person to discharge any firearm from the vehicle

If you do not violate one of the above, then according to State Law you are not in violation of the Discharging in public law.

7. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzOSwuphBo&feature=g-user-u[/ame]

8. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulUx6l1GNM4&feature=context-gch[/ame]

9. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Anyway, Redhairdontcare, you might have overlapping statutes to sort out. Around here (Reno, Nv) the County is the Authority that governs where you can discharge different firearms, and since it's all desert I end up using my GPS to figure out where they've moved the lines on any given day. Check with all of them before you commit to buy, you don't want any surprises.

10. piken

piken New Member

You might want to get back up to date with the law changes. In the beginning of 2011 790.15 was changed to no longer cover on private property.

Here is the link to the most up to date of it.
    http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/790.15

For a better understanding of the recent changes take a look at

http://myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Opinions/139E3CDB585ECC308525703C0071D2FB

11. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I can't find the "50 acre's or greater" part in the statutes.
    Can you help me out?

12. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 New Member

Just got thrown into this. Who is the Sean guy? Posing to be me? Or were you just posting my videos.

I have one friend named Sean and he's a US marine and lives in Hillsborough, I however live in Pasco.

13. Really.......

TBS is no longer a member here........

Oh wait, or IS he? :confused:

14. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Wasn't he a Nuk conspirator? LOL

15. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 New Member

What the **** is going on? I have members accusing me of be being this Sean guy. I don't take **** like this lightly.

16. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

No one ever said it was you specifically.

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

If you are not then don't worry about it. I would like to ask all members to not make accusations without proof as well. Now let's carry on. Fireman, I will say that TBS was banned from here and we do not take lightly to banned members returning. That being said you do not owe us any proof except to adhere to our rules and enjoy the forum. Members, If you have no proof? Do not make accusations!! Thank you all

18. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 New Member

Thanks. This guy must have been a douche. I saw he was posting my videos. I looked through his posts and he never claimed to be me in the videos but its just weird. I've never seen my videos posted by anyone else.

19. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Kinda was, some people find stuff online that looks good to them and pass it on as their own. It's kinda sad.